BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Sound Notifications During Music Playback
Mar 31, 2010
During music playback, mp3 from memory card, internal memory, or streaming with App's like Pandora, Nobex, etc., when I receive an email, text, etc. it momentarily interupts the music playback for a few seconds. I tried finding any setting to adjust in the sounds area, but found nothing. Is there a way to turn off notifications during music playback?
I recently upgraded to the new .451 and didn't really care for it, so I went back to .428. (Too many issues)So after I downgraded, I noticed that one of the issues came back.When I get a notification (SMS, Email, BBM), the phone freezes for literally a few seconds. It doesn't matter what I'm doing. It always happens. I tried wiping the phone and it still happens.This was NEVER there before I tried out .451.Has anyone else noticed this or found a fix? I would really appreciate it.
Also:I have been getting issues with the screen double clicking in landscape mode to the point where I'm almost unable to type properly.
I finally got my e-mail accounts put onto my BB storm! Problem now is that it currently dispays that I have 182 unread e-mails in the upper left hand corner and the currect number should be zero. When I restored my accounts (including my bb email, yahoo, and gmail) I decided to delete two (yahoo, gmail) and delete all the messages off of the BB email but still keep the account. I added only one other account that links to my University e-mail adress but besides those two there are no more e-mail addresses on the phone. Both of those mailboxes are empty so I'm guessing the 182 was possibly a combination number of the yahoo and gmail accounts I deleted from the handheld. Any ideas on how I can clear out that number?
lately my storm has been making a unusual metallic clicking sound instead of the smooth clicking sound. It happens intermittently when texting. The screen also feels slightly loose when this happens. anybody know whats wrong??
Does anyone get annoyed with the clicking sound when typing?Personally, I don't mind the idea of having to push the screen in to type and select things. However, I'm not so happy with the sound that it makes when i am typing. (click click click click click click........)Its really very annoying when in a meeting or something and I want to respond to an email/bbm about the meeting and it makes the clicking noise. Somehow it seems louder than any of the other bb devices out there.
Personally, i'm really hoping that the Storm3 or even Storm4 has more of the iphone screen in which you just touch the screen to type, etc.
This may have been answered before But i have searched and not found the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell the point of having the edit profiles option on the Storm 2? Because it doesnt play what I select. Is there an easier way to get my phone to play the selected ringtones for the appropiate notifications other than going to EACH and Every contact and changing it? Hopefully ive explained this well enough to understand.
I bought a new verizon storm 2 phone, at least I think its new, and unlocked it for t-mobile. A lot of the times, when I make a call or receive a call after like 10 seconds or so, theres no sound and call fails...Is my phone refurbished or this something that happens commonly with the storm 2? Sometimes I receive calls and make calls just fine, but it does this pretty often.
recently my alarm has been acting up. i just did a restore the other day to see if it would fix the problem and it happened again this morning. the alarm tune is set on the antelope. no matter what profile i am using ( vibrate, silent or loud) sometimes it plays this very soft 3 short tone tune. i went into the tune file to see what the name of it is...but there is no tune that sounds like this, trying to recreate this problem will just sound off the antelope tune, my phone is always plugged in when this happens. *also im running TELUS .320, before i was using Verizon .607 and i thought that was the reason*
I'm looking for a computer program similar to ITunes for the Ipod that would let me manage music.
I want to be able to play audio books on my Blackberry and listen to the whole book in order. I have taken a book on 5 CDs and ripped it to MP3 format. On my hard drive each chapter resides in its own directory and is identified as Track 1, Track 2 etc. Then the next directory is similarly named. When I pull them into my Blackberry all of the Track ones are together and then all of the Track 2's etc. I'm looking for some way to manage this and other books.
The way that comes to mind is to label each track in the first directory with a letter from the title say "J" and then followed by a "1" for disk 1 and then the second disk would all have J2s etc. I can do this if there isn't an easier way.
Second problem is that I have no clue how to create Playlists and copy selected titles to those playlists. Again a program like iTunes makes this pretty easy for the Ipod but I don't suppose iTunes works with the Blackberry. I put just one book on the Blackberry and managed somehow to get all of the chapters into a playlist when I discovered the ordering problem. Assuming we can get around that by renaming starting with the first initial of the book title, I'm not sure how to select the files for a given play list especially for multiple books.
This is my first time here and I'm not even sure what version of the Storm I have. It was one of the first ones with a touch screen and no keyboard. Perhaps I should just use the iPod.
I want to use crunchsms for txt messages.I know that I should disable sms in the firewall so I dont get duplicates. My question is however: Can I keep sms enabled on both but just disable the message notification symbol and sound?I want to do this because my theme's homescreen shows my sms's and blocking them would make it look weird.
I am getting a somewhat new car at least new to Me. My company is tossing Me a 2005/6 (not sure which one) Trail Blazer.. and I dont think it has and AUX port for My Storm.. so is there any way to play My music in the car without one?
I have about 3.2GBs of songs I wanted to transfer to the Storm 2 from my Mac, but I am unable to do so. It gives me a limit of 1.8GB. Anyway to raise the limit from 1.8 to like 5GBs? I thought the memory card had like 16 GBs?
I got my refurb in the mail today and the left side of the screen sounds like someone spilled soda under the screen and it dried. So when I type, especially with typing in landscape it clicks and makes this weird sound like there is something sticky under the screen. Anyone else had this issue? I called Verizon and they are sending me another phone overnight...but still...
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
My girlfriend has the Storm 2 and I gave her about 5gb of music. Now her phone seems to be crawling. Besides removing the sd card, is there any other fix? there's a few gb of picture files too.How can I optimize her phone? I personally have a windows mobile and I treat it like a computer. I open task manager and shut down all apps not being used. I have a file explorer to move files around. Can I do the same on the Storm? I want to move the ringtones I made onto her phone, not leave it on the sd card. Also, sometimes she download files or w.e onto her phone, not the sd card. How can I remove it? the delete option doesnt come up. any advice?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 126.96.36.1997 to pc.
2. install this over 188.8.131.527 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 184.108.40.2067 to pc
2. install this over 220.127.116.117 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 18.104.22.1680 to pc
2. install this over 22.214.171.1240 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.