I want to use crunchsms for txt messages.I know that I should disable sms in the firewall so I dont get duplicates. My question is however: Can I keep sms enabled on both but just disable the message notification symbol and sound?I want to do this because my theme's homescreen shows my sms's and blocking them would make it look weird.
This may have been answered before But i have searched and not found the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell the point of having the edit profiles option on the Storm 2? Because it doesnt play what I select. Is there an easier way to get my phone to play the selected ringtones for the appropiate notifications other than going to EACH and Every contact and changing it? Hopefully ive explained this well enough to understand.
just got my storm 2 and I'm trying to figure out how to enable key tones like the ones below in the two videos. I go to options, keyboard settings, and turn key tone to "on" and save, yet all that seems to do is enable a beep sound for the bottom four buttons: call, blackberry menu, back, and the end button. When I click on things in the menu, or type an sms, I get no sound other than the mechanical click. The beep I'm hearing for the bottom four buttons is also nothing like the ones in the videos below. I'm running version 18.104.22.1687. I also tried a battery pull which didn't work. Thanks to anyone who can help me solve this problem!
how that would make the perfect storm, for me! I downloaded a theme that has touch icons on the homescreen that opens up your programs without having to click in the screen. I'm thinking if this is possible from the homescreen then it would be possible throughout the entire OS, right? I would pay big bucks for that!
IT Policy for "security" reasons. Kind of ticks me off since this is my own device, but using it so I don't have to carry 2 BB's. Encryption set to on, locked. No mass storage mode, locked.Anyway, can anyone tell me where on the device the stock "folder" icons are? I would like to replace them with some that are more elegant.And since no mass storage mode when i connect to computer, how do I move them from the SD card to device memory?
Is there a way to disable the way the Storm 2 deletes letters or words, that slider bar thingy's a lot of crap & takes ages to do.When typing a word if before sending you notice a typo then to back & fix it is a pain in the ***
I am still relatively new to Blackberry. I am confused about my email.Two questions:
1. If I reply to an email on my BB, is there a way to get a copy of it on Outlook on my PC? I would like to have some sort of paper trail on my computer.
2. If I read an email on Outlook, is there a way to make it show that the email has been opened on my BB? For example, I had four emails in my mailbox. I read them all on Outlook and responded to them. Then I look at my BB and I had four new emails, thought I've already opened, read, and responded to them. Is there a way to mark as opened on my BB without physically doing so?
lately my storm has been making a unusual metallic clicking sound instead of the smooth clicking sound. It happens intermittently when texting. The screen also feels slightly loose when this happens. anybody know whats wrong??
Does anyone get annoyed with the clicking sound when typing?Personally, I don't mind the idea of having to push the screen in to type and select things. However, I'm not so happy with the sound that it makes when i am typing. (click click click click click click........)Its really very annoying when in a meeting or something and I want to respond to an email/bbm about the meeting and it makes the clicking noise. Somehow it seems louder than any of the other bb devices out there.
Personally, i'm really hoping that the Storm3 or even Storm4 has more of the iphone screen in which you just touch the screen to type, etc.
is there any way to make it so that it vibrates for calls, txts, bbms, ext. but not for emails. i receive emails constantly and don't need the vibrate notification. but would still like to be notified for other things. i can not see how you can make custom profiles like you could do on the bold ext,
I don't know if this is a result of OS .607, but every time I get a notification, either an SMS, MMS, FB notification, etc, and I remove the device from my magnetic holster, the thing stays frozen for about 30 seconds before it allows me to put in my code and unlock the phone (btw, I use pattern lock). As I said, I don't know if its because of OS .607, but it has been happening a lot lately. It also does not flip around which also tells me that the device is frozen for a short time before I am able to put in my swipe code... or see the screen flip
I have searched the forums for this and found only problems on the storm 1. I have just switched to the storm 2 after having the storm 1 for almost a year. With the storm 1 almost 95% of the time all I could get the phone to do was the default BB tone for sms,mms and email tones. No matter what I did. Now with storm 2, I thought i would finally have a phone that you could customize the alerts for sms,mms and email.Nope, 99% of the time, just the default tone for all three even with different tones selected and saved.
I bought a new verizon storm 2 phone, at least I think its new, and unlocked it for t-mobile. A lot of the times, when I make a call or receive a call after like 10 seconds or so, theres no sound and call fails...Is my phone refurbished or this something that happens commonly with the storm 2? Sometimes I receive calls and make calls just fine, but it does this pretty often.
During music playback, mp3 from memory card, internal memory, or streaming with App's like Pandora, Nobex, etc., when I receive an email, text, etc. it momentarily interupts the music playback for a few seconds. I tried finding any setting to adjust in the sounds area, but found nothing. Is there a way to turn off notifications during music playback?
recently my alarm has been acting up. i just did a restore the other day to see if it would fix the problem and it happened again this morning. the alarm tune is set on the antelope. no matter what profile i am using ( vibrate, silent or loud) sometimes it plays this very soft 3 short tone tune. i went into the tune file to see what the name of it is...but there is no tune that sounds like this, trying to recreate this problem will just sound off the antelope tune, my phone is always plugged in when this happens. *also im running TELUS .320, before i was using Verizon .607 and i thought that was the reason*
I got my refurb in the mail today and the left side of the screen sounds like someone spilled soda under the screen and it dried. So when I type, especially with typing in landscape it clicks and makes this weird sound like there is something sticky under the screen. Anyone else had this issue? I called Verizon and they are sending me another phone overnight...but still...
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 22.214.171.1247 to pc.
2. install this over 126.96.36.1997 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 188.8.131.527 to pc
2. install this over 184.108.40.2067 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 220.127.116.110 to pc
2. install this over 18.104.22.1680 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.