Does anyone get annoyed with the clicking sound when typing?Personally, I don't mind the idea of having to push the screen in to type and select things. However, I'm not so happy with the sound that it makes when i am typing. (click click click click click click........)Its really very annoying when in a meeting or something and I want to respond to an email/bbm about the meeting and it makes the clicking noise. Somehow it seems louder than any of the other bb devices out there.
Personally, i'm really hoping that the Storm3 or even Storm4 has more of the iphone screen in which you just touch the screen to type, etc.
Recently my Storm2 has been clicking alot louder than its supposed to. Sometimes it will click normal, others it will click like 5 times as loud. It sounds like something under the screen might be loose. The clicking almost has a squeak to it. Anyone else have an issue like this? It doesn't happen all the time. It comes in bursts maybe a few times a day and lasts for awhile each time before going back to normal click. Its starting to get really irritating.
So just today for some reason on the right side of my screen about 3/4 of the way down (basically the backspace button) it started clicking multiple times when I only want once. It feels like its clicking 3 or 4 times and it has never done this before. I'm running .451 and have been for a week or two now. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and could possibly know what is causing it.
Hi, I recently got pokemon red on Meboy, and since this game requires quite a bit of clicking, i was wondering if the screen can handle this, and will all this clicking wear down the screen mechanically?
Got my storm 2 about a week ago. Only belong to one BBM group but the keyboard will not come up when I try to message in the group. Works fine for one on one chat. I did work for the first few days and this one was shipped with .607 and was not a refurb. I tried all the usual fixes including deleting BBM which I found that I couldn't delete it.
lately my storm has been making a unusual metallic clicking sound instead of the smooth clicking sound. It happens intermittently when texting. The screen also feels slightly loose when this happens. anybody know whats wrong??
This may have been answered before But i have searched and not found the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell the point of having the edit profiles option on the Storm 2? Because it doesnt play what I select. Is there an easier way to get my phone to play the selected ringtones for the appropiate notifications other than going to EACH and Every contact and changing it? Hopefully ive explained this well enough to understand.
On bbm I keep getting an incoming bbm instant message alert/sound while im typing a message. The alert/sound only appears for incoming bbm messages when I'm typing on bbm. the alert/sound is different than the sound that I set on the profile menu and the volume is much bigger. Can I deactivate this alert/sound?
I bought a new verizon storm 2 phone, at least I think its new, and unlocked it for t-mobile. A lot of the times, when I make a call or receive a call after like 10 seconds or so, theres no sound and call fails...Is my phone refurbished or this something that happens commonly with the storm 2? Sometimes I receive calls and make calls just fine, but it does this pretty often.
During music playback, mp3 from memory card, internal memory, or streaming with App's like Pandora, Nobex, etc., when I receive an email, text, etc. it momentarily interupts the music playback for a few seconds. I tried finding any setting to adjust in the sounds area, but found nothing. Is there a way to turn off notifications during music playback?
recently my alarm has been acting up. i just did a restore the other day to see if it would fix the problem and it happened again this morning. the alarm tune is set on the antelope. no matter what profile i am using ( vibrate, silent or loud) sometimes it plays this very soft 3 short tone tune. i went into the tune file to see what the name of it is...but there is no tune that sounds like this, trying to recreate this problem will just sound off the antelope tune, my phone is always plugged in when this happens. *also im running TELUS .320, before i was using Verizon .607 and i thought that was the reason*
I want to use crunchsms for txt messages.I know that I should disable sms in the firewall so I dont get duplicates. My question is however: Can I keep sms enabled on both but just disable the message notification symbol and sound?I want to do this because my theme's homescreen shows my sms's and blocking them would make it look weird.
I got my refurb in the mail today and the left side of the screen sounds like someone spilled soda under the screen and it dried. So when I type, especially with typing in landscape it clicks and makes this weird sound like there is something sticky under the screen. Anyone else had this issue? I called Verizon and they are sending me another phone overnight...but still...
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 184.108.40.2067 to pc.
2. install this over 220.127.116.117 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 18.104.22.1687 to pc
2. install this over 22.214.171.1247 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 126.96.36.1990 to pc
2. install this over 188.8.131.520 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I'm going through the options on my torch and cant seem to find one to enable a clicking sound when typing on the touchscreen (such as the droids and iphones make the clicky noise when your type) ...does it exist?
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.