I have a storm 2 9520 unlocked from Vodafone UK, now with T-Mobile. Ever since I have had it the sound quality from the earpiece has been terrible. It sounds all crackly similar to a blown home stereo speaker. I cant return it as I bought it from a private seller on e-bay about 5 months ago.
I have played with all the audio adjustments and taken the top cover off and cleaned the eapriece speaker of all debris and dirt. I have had only one phone call where the sound quality was perfect but that was it. Even on 5 bars and 3G its still sounds rubbish. I've tried only selecting 2g coverage - still no joy. The max signal I get on 5 bars and 3G is approx -77 Dbm's I have wiped the phone with JL_Cmdr and am now running OS 188.8.131.523. how to fix this as it apears to be a software rather than a physical problem.
lately my storm has been making a unusual metallic clicking sound instead of the smooth clicking sound. It happens intermittently when texting. The screen also feels slightly loose when this happens. anybody know whats wrong??
Does anyone get annoyed with the clicking sound when typing?Personally, I don't mind the idea of having to push the screen in to type and select things. However, I'm not so happy with the sound that it makes when i am typing. (click click click click click click........)Its really very annoying when in a meeting or something and I want to respond to an email/bbm about the meeting and it makes the clicking noise. Somehow it seems louder than any of the other bb devices out there.
Personally, i'm really hoping that the Storm3 or even Storm4 has more of the iphone screen in which you just touch the screen to type, etc.
This may have been answered before But i have searched and not found the answer I was looking for. Can anyone tell the point of having the edit profiles option on the Storm 2? Because it doesnt play what I select. Is there an easier way to get my phone to play the selected ringtones for the appropiate notifications other than going to EACH and Every contact and changing it? Hopefully ive explained this well enough to understand.
I bought a new verizon storm 2 phone, at least I think its new, and unlocked it for t-mobile. A lot of the times, when I make a call or receive a call after like 10 seconds or so, theres no sound and call fails...Is my phone refurbished or this something that happens commonly with the storm 2? Sometimes I receive calls and make calls just fine, but it does this pretty often.
During music playback, mp3 from memory card, internal memory, or streaming with App's like Pandora, Nobex, etc., when I receive an email, text, etc. it momentarily interupts the music playback for a few seconds. I tried finding any setting to adjust in the sounds area, but found nothing. Is there a way to turn off notifications during music playback?
recently my alarm has been acting up. i just did a restore the other day to see if it would fix the problem and it happened again this morning. the alarm tune is set on the antelope. no matter what profile i am using ( vibrate, silent or loud) sometimes it plays this very soft 3 short tone tune. i went into the tune file to see what the name of it is...but there is no tune that sounds like this, trying to recreate this problem will just sound off the antelope tune, my phone is always plugged in when this happens. *also im running TELUS .320, before i was using Verizon .607 and i thought that was the reason*
I want to use crunchsms for txt messages.I know that I should disable sms in the firewall so I dont get duplicates. My question is however: Can I keep sms enabled on both but just disable the message notification symbol and sound?I want to do this because my theme's homescreen shows my sms's and blocking them would make it look weird.
I got my refurb in the mail today and the left side of the screen sounds like someone spilled soda under the screen and it dried. So when I type, especially with typing in landscape it clicks and makes this weird sound like there is something sticky under the screen. Anyone else had this issue? I called Verizon and they are sending me another phone overnight...but still...
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 184.108.40.2067 to pc.
2. install this over 220.127.116.117 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 18.104.22.1687 to pc
2. install this over 22.214.171.1247 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 126.96.36.1990 to pc
2. install this over 188.8.131.520 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.
I am thinking of buying a used BlackBerry Storm. I originally was just going to buy one and use it on Page Plus Cellular, but with what is going on with Page Plus Cellular I am now wondering if I should just use this in T-Mobile prepaid. Does this need to be unlocked to use it on GSM in the US?
I am wondering if it is possible to install an OS designed for the 9520 on to the 9550. I need to do this in order to have Chinese input (unless someone else knows a way to do this?) enabled on my 9550.
This is the entire .643 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work. Will show .643 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... 517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL...
This is the entire .669 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work.Will show .669 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... Alt Links:URL...
Will show .692 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install.
Links: URL... Alt Links: URL...
517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .517 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .580 java folder with the hybrid files and install.
Here is another installment of another great Hybrid for you. Please feel free to download and enjoy! I must apologize for being delayed on the forum if there are any questions that need to be answered. This is a 517/553/586/591 Hybrid. Enjoy !Driphter.com - Seanren78 95xx v8.5