I am getting a somewhat new car at least new to Me. My company is tossing Me a 2005/6 (not sure which one) Trail Blazer.. and I dont think it has and AUX port for My Storm.. so is there any way to play My music in the car without one?
I need help on how to remove OS updates from my computer, I want to clear all other previous and new versions, wanted to really clean it :smileyhappy:I'm currently seeing three - two are .436 and one is the stock OS. I wish to delete all the three and do a clean install by Wiping with BBSAK and flashing the Vodafone UK latest release.
I have looked into my Add/Remove programs but besides the Desktop Manager I see no trace of the respect firmware installers.
Alright, so I posted something similar before, but now it's an evolved issue. When my contacts call me, the specified ringtone works. When the same contacts SMS me, it only plays the default tone I've chosen, not their specified tone. I've turned off encryption for contacts.
I'm looking for a computer program similar to ITunes for the Ipod that would let me manage music.
I want to be able to play audio books on my Blackberry and listen to the whole book in order. I have taken a book on 5 CDs and ripped it to MP3 format. On my hard drive each chapter resides in its own directory and is identified as Track 1, Track 2 etc. Then the next directory is similarly named. When I pull them into my Blackberry all of the Track ones are together and then all of the Track 2's etc. I'm looking for some way to manage this and other books.
The way that comes to mind is to label each track in the first directory with a letter from the title say "J" and then followed by a "1" for disk 1 and then the second disk would all have J2s etc. I can do this if there isn't an easier way.
Second problem is that I have no clue how to create Playlists and copy selected titles to those playlists. Again a program like iTunes makes this pretty easy for the Ipod but I don't suppose iTunes works with the Blackberry. I put just one book on the Blackberry and managed somehow to get all of the chapters into a playlist when I discovered the ordering problem. Assuming we can get around that by renaming starting with the first initial of the book title, I'm not sure how to select the files for a given play list especially for multiple books.
This is my first time here and I'm not even sure what version of the Storm I have. It was one of the first ones with a touch screen and no keyboard. Perhaps I should just use the iPod.
I have a Storm2 (9550) that I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. DTM doesn't see Outlook under "Select a desktop application". DTM version is 126.96.36.199. Ran install as Administrator and selected "for all users". I had it working on my old computer - Outlook 2003 on an XP computer.
I bought DynoStorm and installed it on my Storm2 (9550) running OS v188.8.131.523. The app installed and all the permissions are set to "allow" except for "security timer reset" which is set to "deny" and locked out by our company's security policies (BES).The app launches but when I go to make changes to the settings, I get:
Fatal error saving log data : net.rim.device.api.io.file.FileIOException: Media Card is secured by another device. Unable to access encrypted file. <OK>
Due to our company policies, my device memory is encrypted though my media card is not. I also tried inserting a different 16GB MicroSD card and having the OS format the card. I still get the same error.
I have a small problem my phones is wasting all its battery because it has been transmitting data all morning. I dont know why. I closed all my apps cleared my event log and security cleaning as well as did two battery pulls but it still continues to transmit data. I get those little arrows on the corner screen can any help here what is my phone doing?
I have about 3.2GBs of songs I wanted to transfer to the Storm 2 from my Mac, but I am unable to do so. It gives me a limit of 1.8GB. Anyway to raise the limit from 1.8 to like 5GBs? I thought the memory card had like 16 GBs?
I spent three hours on this site looking for a solution and four hours (two days straight) on the phone with Tmobile AND Verizon. I have an account w/Tmobile and purchased an unlocked Strom 9550. My calls and SMS are working, but no data, MMS, etc. Tmobile sent my service books and updated w/the new PIN and phone, but no success. Verizon verified that the pin/IMEI number is legit (not stolen/lost). However, still no data! and stuck on edge. Tmobile even contacted RIM, who was unable to help and recommended that I give it a few days.?
I checked the thread on how to set up tmobile w/this device, but its not working with either technique. I had a storm 9530 before upgrading and it worked perfectly! But now, I can't even update the device on the Tmobile BIS website because when I enter the PIN and IMEI, it says "the information you have provided is not valid for this service provider." Not the case when I did this with the storm 1. Also, my hosting routing table has been registered multiple times and it is still empty. And I'm sorry if this has been resolved before, I tried but couldn't locate any threads specific to this problem.
I will be getting a replacement Storm 2 in the mail on Wednesday(VZW store was out and had to order one). I have a problem with the headphone jack thinking there are headphones in it when they are not sometimes.I was wondering what I need to do leading up to and once I get my replacement? I have used the Desktop Manager Backup program to backup my files. That should take care of my calender, memo, contacts, SMS and any files and stuff on my device....but what about apps. That is what I'm unsure about. How well do those transfer since they have licenses/registration codes?I have bought DynoStorm, Fingerprint Scanner, PatternLock, WeatherBug Elite from App World. From what I have read all I need to do is start App World on my new device and those apps will load on the new device from App World without a problem? Is this true?I have bought BerryBuzz, Call Blocker Pro, Meter Berry, Mileage Meter, QuickLaunch and SmrtGuard(1 Year Subscription) from MobiHand. From what it looks like I can use the Change Device ID and it will generate new codes for me on my new device? Is this all I have to do? Can anybody verify this or tell me what I do need to do for these apps?I have other free apps but those I can just download again.The last thing I'm curious how it will transfer or if it will be a problem is my one theme I have bough Halycon from Elecite. How do I get that loaded onto my new device?If there is anything I'm forgetting to do with backups or apps or anything else I should do before or when I have the replacement let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.
So once again I am posting becasue I've been having this issue with my storm all day long. It started this morning when I noticed my phone was using data nonstop and it began to drain my battery. My battery died already once and now I am charging the phone with the radio turned off. It keep showing the arrows sending and recieving from the moment I turn the radio on. I realize that .419 had many issues but I went as far as deleting all my apps and one theme and still I get this problem. I also deleted BBM but no matter what I try it continues. Can anyone shed some light on how I can fix this little lemon. I pulled battery about 10 times what can I do?
During music playback, mp3 from memory card, internal memory, or streaming with App's like Pandora, Nobex, etc., when I receive an email, text, etc. it momentarily interupts the music playback for a few seconds. I tried finding any setting to adjust in the sounds area, but found nothing. Is there a way to turn off notifications during music playback?
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
My girlfriend has the Storm 2 and I gave her about 5gb of music. Now her phone seems to be crawling. Besides removing the sd card, is there any other fix? there's a few gb of picture files too.How can I optimize her phone? I personally have a windows mobile and I treat it like a computer. I open task manager and shut down all apps not being used. I have a file explorer to move files around. Can I do the same on the Storm? I want to move the ringtones I made onto her phone, not leave it on the sd card. Also, sometimes she download files or w.e onto her phone, not the sd card. How can I remove it? the delete option doesnt come up. any advice?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 184.108.40.2067 to pc.
2. install this over 220.127.116.117 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 18.104.22.1687 to pc
2. install this over 22.214.171.1247 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 126.96.36.1990 to pc
2. install this over 188.8.131.520 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
You've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.