BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Cannot Sync With Outlook 2007 On Computer Running Windows 7
Feb 23, 2010
I have a Storm2 (9550) that I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. DTM doesn't see Outlook under "Select a desktop application". DTM version is 18.104.22.168. Ran install as Administrator and selected "for all users". I had it working on my old computer - Outlook 2003 on an XP computer.
You've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work
Before you ask, yes I did search. I can't seem to find the option to allow syncing in both directions from outlook to BB as well as BB to outlook. Anything entered into my BB is not being synced to outlook. Can anyone remind me how to change the option to sync both ways?
I'm not sure what changed but I now cannot sync my calendar on Outlook to my Storm2. I get the following error message - "default service for your calendar no longer available." Now I sync my contacts with home PC and Calendar with Work PC so all my meeting/conference calls are in the phone calendar. All of a sudden, I will not sync the calendar.
When I go to Options-Advance-Default Services it states just my home email address. I have never had more than 1 email address and as far as I know, I have made no changes recently.
I use MS Outlook 2007 for email, addresses & calendar.When I connect my Storm 2 to the USB port Desktop Manager starts the sync process. Contacts sync okay but everytime it sync calendar I get the following error. This has happened EVERY time since I've owned the Storm 2!Any suggestions?
My carrier will soon be transferring ownership to AT&T. When that happens, we are required to get a new phone, I want to upgrade to Torch. My questions is: Will the Torch accurately sync to Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. My previous phone was a Motorola Q9c and synced fine to Vista but will not synch to Windows 7. That phone dies and I am using now a HTC Hero that every time is snycs to my contacts on Outlook it puts all my contacts in by Contacts first name.
It does not allow me to show by Company name, and anyplace there is only a Company name with no person contact, the HTC only shows a phone # in the contacts list. I have over 600 contacts in my list, and I have most "filed as" company name then contact person's name, which it the way I need it to work. So I need to make sure that when syncing to the Torch, it will sync to Outlook exactly the way I have my Contacts set up.
I am having issues syncing to Outlook. I am running the 22.214.171.1243 version (Bundle 1206 Platform 126.96.36.1993). I dont' know if it has any bearing but Verizon is my carrier.
The basic problem is that when I want to sync my information from Outlook to my device the sync wants to put back into Outlook all the information I have removed from Outlook. The option to have Outlook win in any conflict does not seem to have any effect in filtering out these entries. This also occurs with Calendar, Memo, and Tasks.
On my Palm I had the option to OVERWRITE the device with the information from Outlook. Is there such a feature? It seems a waste of my time to delete all the information each time I want to sync the device.
How I can synch my contacts of my BB to my address book of Outlook 2007?Also I see that in my contacts of my BB I see a contacts that is more than 20 times, this have a relation with the synch?I want to do a wipe, but before I need to backup all my contacts (888 contacts) before it.
I just exchanged my S2 because the bottom half of the screen was sticking. had installed this great OS on the old one. It was the .451 I believe. I tried to figure it out yesterday and had no luck with the install. I'll admit it, I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I'm nervous because I don't want to ruin the phone.
I have recently purchased a new laptop that uses the Windows 7 operating system. I downloaded Desktop Manager for this new PC and when I try to configure the synchronization with my Blackberry to Outlook 2007 I keep getting a runtime error.
I spoke with technical support at Verizon and they told me that I was not able to sync my Blackberry to Outlook because it is not yet compatible with Windows 7.
Can anyone verify if that is true and know if Blackberry will soon be able to use all sync options - email, contacts, etc. - with Windows 7? I know have to continue to sync with another PC.
1. My work pc (Win XP) sees the BB and the media card. I have been able to move photos etc to it at work. This pc only has 1 hard drive. 2. My step-son's PC (Win XP) is the same as above. It sees it and can access it. This pc only has 1 hard drive. 3. My home PC (Win 7) cannot see the media card either with windows explorer or the BB software. This pc has 1 sata drive, broken into C: and D:, 2 IDE drives E: and F:, DVD-rom is G. 5. My home PC can see the media card in disk management console, plus in the device manager 6. People at work (Win 7) have no problems seeing their cards. 7. When I plug in the BB, it grabs drive letter H:, but no media card 8. Mass storage mode, media card support and auto enable mass storage mode when connected are on 9. All of my hard drives on the home pc are formatted as NTFS, and the BB is FAT
The Verizon sales rep in the store tells me I can access my calendar and tasks wireless at my work without the BES by purchasing the $45 data plan. The Customer Service Rep on the phone tells me I must have the BES to access my calendar and tasks wireless. My first blackberry gets delivered today.
I need help on how to remove OS updates from my computer, I want to clear all other previous and new versions, wanted to really clean it :smileyhappy:I'm currently seeing three - two are .436 and one is the stock OS. I wish to delete all the three and do a clean install by Wiping with BBSAK and flashing the Vodafone UK latest release.
I have looked into my Add/Remove programs but besides the Desktop Manager I see no trace of the respect firmware installers.
Just bought a new Ford Taurus and can't get my Storm2 to connect to the SYNC. I had no problems with a previous Motorola visor mount. I went into the 'help' under the Blue tooth options and followed those instructions but it still won't connect.
I've been using the GMail Sync for my Contacts (via BIS) for about a month now. It has solved the duplication issues that happen quite often when using Google Sync program.
My problem/Issue is that some of my Contacts Pictures work fine (Caller ID etc) and some continue to be deleted. I save them, then they disappear, save them again, they disappear. I cant figure it out. I dont do the Facebook thing, so i dont have it linked to that.
I recently had an error code, 5xx. can't remember now and Storm2 wouldn't start. Connected to DM, pulled cable in & out and was able to reload OS. Already had .607 before. Since then, 2 things are really annoying:
1. DM constantly wants to upgrade / reload to .607 during sync, but I already have it. 2. I cannot find/remember how I removed the "Accept or Decline" options to confirm sync changes. I just want it to do it without asking.
I got a new or rather refurbed phone when my 6 week old 9550 lost its ear/headset speaker. i have the lastest desktop software for os x and the lastest os on the 9550. I am also running the latest 10.5 updates for my powerbook. i got everything straighted out accept for the music sync. i had about 10-11 gigs of music on it. syncing just fine. since the new phone no matter what i do it ties to sync my entire library everytime i try to sync it.i have an itunes playlist just for it, i have renamed that. i always set it to sync just to that. i even knocked the playlist down to about 1.7 gigs. so no no matter if i delete all music, select and un select the playlist i want and only that, turn music syncing on, try, clear, wipe turn off sync, on try again nothing.point is no matter what i do. i set it to sync to one playlist and it ends up trying to do my entire library everytime.it has been this way since the new phone. please someone help. everything else seems to work just fine with the syncs. contacts are a little dumb but it sends one way from the comp. that im fine with and was a problem on first pohone.
Hi, wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post this issue in or not. I have yahool email through BIS on my Storm 2. Recently, my blackberry fails to sync with messages deleted in my yahoo inbox. I have to go on the device and delete the email a second time. Has anyone else had this issue or can you offer any advice to fix the issue?
I have tried waiting an hour or more to see if the blackberry will reconcile and remove the messages. Also, I go into my email and select reconcile now. These things did not work. I have not changed any of my email sync settings from when the blackberry was syncing fully. They are still set to inbox wins. Also, I even tried resending service books and deleting/reinstalling the yahoo email. None of these have worked so far!
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 188.8.131.527 to pc.
2. install this over 184.108.40.2067 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 220.127.116.117 to pc
2. install this over 18.104.22.1687 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 22.214.171.1240 to pc
2. install this over 126.96.36.1990 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.