I've been using the GMail Sync for my Contacts (via BIS) for about a month now. It has solved the duplication issues that happen quite often when using Google Sync program.
My problem/Issue is that some of my Contacts Pictures work fine (Caller ID etc) and some continue to be deleted. I save them, then they disappear, save them again, they disappear. I cant figure it out. I dont do the Facebook thing, so i dont have it linked to that.
I recieve emails fine and some of the emails I send from my handheld work but 50% of the time my emails that I send come out in giberish. Like if I send an email from my handheld and they open it on a computer all they get is this.
I have pix saved on my S2.I save the pix to one of my contacts.I have followed the instructions to the letter (per the Help app).I close the Contacts app, go back in and the pix is gone from the contact I saved it to. Went to a VZW store and the rep said that it might be due to the "Global" network setting. He changed it to the VZW network only.This has fixed it for the most part but I still have pix disappearing from time to time.I have to end up going back in and re-saving them.The VZW rep also said it might be a known issue and to call Cust Serv or a software problem with MY S2.Anyone heard of this problem or of a fix? I would appreciate any input.
So this new threaded SMS in the Storm2 OS 5 is fantastic; I love it. But I want to see one of the first SMSs that I sent to a contact. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to jump to the "top" of the thread, as it were, to see this without spending hours scrolling up, and up and up and up?
I have not been one to use GMAIL much until recently, and now I am hooked on it. However, I discovered a problem that I am very dissapointed in learning. When I send a message from my gmail web client, I often would like to bcc myself so that I have a copy of that message on the device when i am away from the computer. That is the point to having a BlackBerry.....right???he problem is GMAIL and/or RIM but this must be one of the MOST ludicrous things I have encountered. Here is some more information on the problem... CauseGmail webmail accounts do not have separate sent items and inbox folders. The Gmail account web page contains a Sent Mail link on the left side, but this is not a separate folder from the inbox. Gmail email messages are grouped into conversations, resulting in all sent email messages and replies from others appearing as a single email message entry in the inbox. This grouping allows for easy reading and viewing on the Gmail web page, but in the past, when integrated with the BlackBerry Internet Service account, results in copies of sent email messages arriving on the BlackBerry smartphone as new email messages.BlackBerry Internet Service 2.6 now automatically filters out any new email message that has also been flagged as a Sent Item. These messages are no longer delivered to the BlackBerry smartphone. As a result, email messages sent from the mailbox to itself are also being filtered out. URL...
I just got a blackberry storm 2 about 2 weeks ago. I am trying to figure out how to delete a single sms contact. I tried highlighting it and looking at the menu options (when i press the bberry key) and there is no option to delete that contact. will i need to delete it from my main contact list to 'make it go away' and then re-enter it? I'm asking because this contact has a blackberry, and before I was able to scan their code, I had entered them into my blackberry messenger using their phone number. Since I just scanned the code from their phone, I now have 2 contact listings, (one which I don't need).
Just wondering if there was an easy way to delete the one contact, or if I need to completely delete them from my contact list, and start the scan process over again, and re-add them to my contact list.
Has anyone experienced an issue of names of SMS contacts not showing up in the sms log? I updated to .451, and although I have never had a problem before, only phone numbers are shown rather than the names themselves.
I installed the 713 update and now it seems as if whatever I used to add contacts from people who sent me SMS messages has now disappeared? Am I insane or has anyone else noticed this issue? It seems like every time I install a new OS on this phone it gives me a new reason to hate it.
searched for term "animated"- got a lot of hits, but nothing that was relevant.
essentially, is it possible to make animated pictures last longer? Specifically, MMS pictures. I have received a few, and they last MAYBE 5-6 seconds before stopping. I can restart them, but then they only last maybe 4-5 seconds.
I know it's not related, but I did check my browser general properties, and have already set "repeat animations" to "as many as image specifies". MMS and SMS options have nothing that relates to the issue, nor does the Messaging app options.insight? feedback? have a coke and a smile and shut the f--- up?!?!
Just bought a new Ford Taurus and can't get my Storm2 to connect to the SYNC. I had no problems with a previous Motorola visor mount. I went into the 'help' under the Blue tooth options and followed those instructions but it still won't connect.
Ok everyone, start up your camera, take a picture in landscape, send it via MMS, or transfer it to computer..The picture is sideways!
Back 100 years ago, on my 9530 running... .75 maybe, when I would take a portrait picture, it would be right if I transferred it to my pc or sent it as mms... Why is it sideways now?And Yes (before you say it) Im waiting for the camera to orientate after coming out of landscape, the little touch screen button to take the pic is at the bottom as well as zoom, flash, etc.In the phone the picture is right,
Before you ask, yes I did search. I can't seem to find the option to allow syncing in both directions from outlook to BB as well as BB to outlook. Anything entered into my BB is not being synced to outlook. Can anyone remind me how to change the option to sync both ways?
I'm not sure what changed but I now cannot sync my calendar on Outlook to my Storm2. I get the following error message - "default service for your calendar no longer available." Now I sync my contacts with home PC and Calendar with Work PC so all my meeting/conference calls are in the phone calendar. All of a sudden, I will not sync the calendar.
When I go to Options-Advance-Default Services it states just my home email address. I have never had more than 1 email address and as far as I know, I have made no changes recently.
I updated this morning and now my contacts aree all messed up. It has random contact information under other peoples name and double or triples some entries! How do I fix this?? The screen also seems kind of "sticky".
I use MS Outlook 2007 for email, addresses & calendar.When I connect my Storm 2 to the USB port Desktop Manager starts the sync process. Contacts sync okay but everytime it sync calendar I get the following error. This has happened EVERY time since I've owned the Storm 2!Any suggestions?
I recently had an error code, 5xx. can't remember now and Storm2 wouldn't start. Connected to DM, pulled cable in & out and was able to reload OS. Already had .607 before. Since then, 2 things are really annoying:
1. DM constantly wants to upgrade / reload to .607 during sync, but I already have it. 2. I cannot find/remember how I removed the "Accept or Decline" options to confirm sync changes. I just want it to do it without asking.
I got a new or rather refurbed phone when my 6 week old 9550 lost its ear/headset speaker. i have the lastest desktop software for os x and the lastest os on the 9550. I am also running the latest 10.5 updates for my powerbook. i got everything straighted out accept for the music sync. i had about 10-11 gigs of music on it. syncing just fine. since the new phone no matter what i do it ties to sync my entire library everytime i try to sync it.i have an itunes playlist just for it, i have renamed that. i always set it to sync just to that. i even knocked the playlist down to about 1.7 gigs. so no no matter if i delete all music, select and un select the playlist i want and only that, turn music syncing on, try, clear, wipe turn off sync, on try again nothing.point is no matter what i do. i set it to sync to one playlist and it ends up trying to do my entire library everytime.it has been this way since the new phone. please someone help. everything else seems to work just fine with the syncs. contacts are a little dumb but it sends one way from the comp. that im fine with and was a problem on first pohone.
I have a Storm2 (9550) that I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. DTM doesn't see Outlook under "Select a desktop application". DTM version is 184.108.40.206. Ran install as Administrator and selected "for all users". I had it working on my old computer - Outlook 2003 on an XP computer.
Hi, wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post this issue in or not. I have yahool email through BIS on my Storm 2. Recently, my blackberry fails to sync with messages deleted in my yahoo inbox. I have to go on the device and delete the email a second time. Has anyone else had this issue or can you offer any advice to fix the issue?
I have tried waiting an hour or more to see if the blackberry will reconcile and remove the messages. Also, I go into my email and select reconcile now. These things did not work. I have not changed any of my email sync settings from when the blackberry was syncing fully. They are still set to inbox wins. Also, I even tried resending service books and deleting/reinstalling the yahoo email. None of these have worked so far!
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 220.127.116.117 to pc.
2. install this over 18.104.22.1687 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 22.214.171.1247 to pc
2. install this over 126.96.36.1997 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 188.8.131.520 to pc
2. install this over 184.108.40.2060 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.