BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Stop DM OS Upgrade / Reload To .607 During Sync
May 9, 2010
I recently had an error code, 5xx. can't remember now and Storm2 wouldn't start. Connected to DM, pulled cable in & out and was able to reload OS. Already had .607 before. Since then, 2 things are really annoying:
1. DM constantly wants to upgrade / reload to .607 during sync, but I already have it.
2. I cannot find/remember how I removed the "Accept or Decline" options to confirm sync changes. I just want it to do it without asking.
....I have an S1 and love it. My practical side says that there is no sense in replacing it since it works. Yes the wifi would be nice and the doubling of memory but what I have right now isn't broken. I can upgrade now if I want and the $$$ isn't an issue.
I just want a new storm II. Just to have it. (fiancÚ is rubbing her latest generation iphone in my face).Okay guys. Tell me why I shouldn't be so practical and why I should just get it. Threaten to kill a puppy if you have to.Trolls don't bother crashing the thread, the strorms rock, get over it).
I use Gmail.When I send an email, I get a confirmation or secondary message on the Storm 2.How do you stop this?I had the original Storm, and somehow fixed this issue. Can't figure out how to do it on the S2.
Noticed that anything using the wireless data was going really slow and then it just stopped any transmission. Took it off the wifi to see if there was any difference, same thing... and then a popup appeared that said DNS and a button ok... the screen locked up so I couldn't click anywhere on the screen, so I did a battery pull.
Now after the battery pull it gets to the blackberry loading screen. It loads to approx. 20%, then theres a white screen with text in a very small font and a button reset in the middle. This appears in less then a second, and the screen is locked so i can't press reset. It now does this a continuous cycle.
It seems like the bettery life is a pretty big issue for most storm users. I use my pone pretty heavily, but another potential cause seems like leaving the phone in "global" or "world" mode... I live in germany, is this going to make a difference on which mode i use? Also, isthis the biggest battery you can fit without getting those big ugly doors?
I have a little red circle with a line going through it on my screen in between the Voice Mail icon and the Visual Voice icon, just below the time and date (center top of screen). I am using the default Zen theme figuring maybe it was a 3rd party theme but isn't not from pone. Its probably a no brainer but I guess I don't have one!
'm having a weird issue happening in our Blackberry environment. Several of our users are reporting that when they leave for the day, their email do not populate until they return to the office the next morning. What I've gathered so far is, it seems like the device doesn't know when to switch back to 3G when the Wi-Fi connection we have here at work drops. In other words, the phone stops sending/receiving email because it no longer has a Wi-Fi connection but it never switches back to 3G. If I turn off the Wi-Fi on the problematic devices, they never have any of the problems mentioned above - but the uppers do not like that solution.
So I was updating via Desktop Manager on a mac. Mid upgrade I got a message on the computer- "software upgrade failed"
On the blackberry I got a message I've never seen before-"Reload Software 507" and it has a weird icon with a circle and line through it.
I'm afraid to do anything! What do i do, HELP!!! Edit: Now it keeps shutting off, rebooting itself, and then the same error message appears. Meanwhile, the mac is still trying to update the storm2. Its a vicious circle of death!
Ok so earlier today I updated my phone to v220.127.116.111.The upgrade went ok, but afterwards it seemed all my apps have disapeared, and the default skin reinstated. After checking around the phone i couldn't find any of them.I figured I'd reinstall the skin I had been using (Blackberry Pro v4). After installing it, my menu was really screwed up. All the folders had disappeared and everything that was normally in folders was on the home menu. I managed to fix that by pressing menu > options > reset icon arrangement. However, I still have the problem of all my apps missing. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this for me, and any possible easy way of getting them back. I've downloaded and reinstalled a few, but I did have quite a few installed. Also, does anyone know how I can get back apps that I have already paid for in App World? I'm guessing emailing support is the best way to go?
I'm considering getting the Incredible (terrible name) when it comes out but I really don't want to pay the $600 retail. What are my options to lower the cost? How much can I sell my S2 for assuming I make an insurance claim on my current cracked one and receive a nice new one? Is there any way VZW will let me upgrade?
Just bought a new Ford Taurus and can't get my Storm2 to connect to the SYNC. I had no problems with a previous Motorola visor mount. I went into the 'help' under the Blue tooth options and followed those instructions but it still won't connect.
Before you ask, yes I did search. I can't seem to find the option to allow syncing in both directions from outlook to BB as well as BB to outlook. Anything entered into my BB is not being synced to outlook. Can anyone remind me how to change the option to sync both ways?
I'm not sure what changed but I now cannot sync my calendar on Outlook to my Storm2. I get the following error message - "default service for your calendar no longer available." Now I sync my contacts with home PC and Calendar with Work PC so all my meeting/conference calls are in the phone calendar. All of a sudden, I will not sync the calendar.
When I go to Options-Advance-Default Services it states just my home email address. I have never had more than 1 email address and as far as I know, I have made no changes recently.
I've been using the GMail Sync for my Contacts (via BIS) for about a month now. It has solved the duplication issues that happen quite often when using Google Sync program.
My problem/Issue is that some of my Contacts Pictures work fine (Caller ID etc) and some continue to be deleted. I save them, then they disappear, save them again, they disappear. I cant figure it out. I dont do the Facebook thing, so i dont have it linked to that.
I use MS Outlook 2007 for email, addresses & calendar.When I connect my Storm 2 to the USB port Desktop Manager starts the sync process. Contacts sync okay but everytime it sync calendar I get the following error. This has happened EVERY time since I've owned the Storm 2!Any suggestions?
I got a new or rather refurbed phone when my 6 week old 9550 lost its ear/headset speaker. i have the lastest desktop software for os x and the lastest os on the 9550. I am also running the latest 10.5 updates for my powerbook. i got everything straighted out accept for the music sync. i had about 10-11 gigs of music on it. syncing just fine. since the new phone no matter what i do it ties to sync my entire library everytime i try to sync it.i have an itunes playlist just for it, i have renamed that. i always set it to sync just to that. i even knocked the playlist down to about 1.7 gigs. so no no matter if i delete all music, select and un select the playlist i want and only that, turn music syncing on, try, clear, wipe turn off sync, on try again nothing.point is no matter what i do. i set it to sync to one playlist and it ends up trying to do my entire library everytime.it has been this way since the new phone. please someone help. everything else seems to work just fine with the syncs. contacts are a little dumb but it sends one way from the comp. that im fine with and was a problem on first pohone.
I have a Storm2 (9550) that I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. DTM doesn't see Outlook under "Select a desktop application". DTM version is 18.104.22.168. Ran install as Administrator and selected "for all users". I had it working on my old computer - Outlook 2003 on an XP computer.
Hi, wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post this issue in or not. I have yahool email through BIS on my Storm 2. Recently, my blackberry fails to sync with messages deleted in my yahoo inbox. I have to go on the device and delete the email a second time. Has anyone else had this issue or can you offer any advice to fix the issue?
I have tried waiting an hour or more to see if the blackberry will reconcile and remove the messages. Also, I go into my email and select reconcile now. These things did not work. I have not changed any of my email sync settings from when the blackberry was syncing fully. They are still set to inbox wins. Also, I even tried resending service books and deleting/reinstalling the yahoo email. None of these have worked so far!
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 22.214.171.1247 to pc.
2. install this over 126.96.36.1997 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 188.8.131.527 to pc
2. install this over 184.108.40.2067 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 220.127.116.110 to pc
2. install this over 18.104.22.1680 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
You've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.