BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Need BES For Outlook Calendar & Tasks?
Jan 14, 2010
The Verizon sales rep in the store tells me I can access my calendar and tasks wireless at my work without the BES by purchasing the $45 data plan. The Customer Service Rep on the phone tells me I must have the BES to access my calendar and tasks wireless. My first blackberry gets delivered today.
Brand new to BB, switched from Palm T/X. I use both calendar and Tasks a lot. I need them both as I use them for different things. Anyway, I have entered about 4 recurring (monthly) tasks on my Storm 2 9550 AND I enable "view tasks in the Calendar options. Despite this, I only see the upcoming tasks for the next month. In other words, even though they should be showing on the 1st of each month, they are only showing for 1 month.
Before you ask, yes I did search. I can't seem to find the option to allow syncing in both directions from outlook to BB as well as BB to outlook. Anything entered into my BB is not being synced to outlook. Can anyone remind me how to change the option to sync both ways?
I'm not sure what changed but I now cannot sync my calendar on Outlook to my Storm2. I get the following error message - "default service for your calendar no longer available." Now I sync my contacts with home PC and Calendar with Work PC so all my meeting/conference calls are in the phone calendar. All of a sudden, I will not sync the calendar.
When I go to Options-Advance-Default Services it states just my home email address. I have never had more than 1 email address and as far as I know, I have made no changes recently.
I use MS Outlook 2007 for email, addresses & calendar.When I connect my Storm 2 to the USB port Desktop Manager starts the sync process. Contacts sync okay but everytime it sync calendar I get the following error. This has happened EVERY time since I've owned the Storm 2!Any suggestions?
I have one calendar in my Storm2 and one POP3 email account coming to the Storm. I will add another POP3 email and would like a separate calendar for this account. I have done this and see where I can select a different calendar, but all the dates / entries show up on the first calendar. Isn't there a way to associate the new calendar with the new POP3 email account? I hope I ask this correctly. I want two email accounts and two separate calendars for them and they show up on the "select calendar" page, but all the dates/ entries are on the original calendar.
Anyone know how I can change the time that I am reminded about one of m contacts' birthday? The default time is set at 4 AM and, just so everyone knows, my "day" begins at 7 AM and goes until midnight so that isnt "the beginning of my day" according to my calendar. I have alot of birthdays in my Contacts and don't want to manually change each one.
I've noticed with the new S2 or 5.0 OS calendar, entries use the "default" calendar. Which is great, zero duplication, syncing is always accurate, etc, etc. But the "default" calendar does not have an associated email acct with it, so it doesn't allow you to "invite" anyone to the appointment. If you use one of your email accounts, you are then adding and additional calendar, then the games begin (problems). ??? Is there a way to continue using the default calendar and invite attendee's to meetings/appointments?
I use Google calendar as my default and have only ever synced this calendar with my Storm. I use Google Sync, and have all the settings set so that it SHOULD only show these calendar items. While I had issues before with GoogleSync duplicating Contacts, that seems to have been resolved (with the help of folks here) and I've never had such a problem with the Calendar.
Anyway, a few days ago I started noticing that all my calendar entries are being duplicated. Clicking around, in the menu I found that I now have the option of selecting among 4 calendars associated with the 4 email accounts I have syncing with my Storm (I don't recall seeing this beforel) I've tried moving the selection from "Show All Calendars" to only showing my Google calendar, which works for the moment, but as soon as I leave the calendar then go back in the duplications appear again.
But, here's the odd thing: the duplicate entries are showing up as being from one of my 3 Yahoo email accounts. The thing is, though, I don't use that calendar for anything and have confirmed that there are absolutely no entries in the calendar for this particular Yahoo account. I've also confirmed that I do not have duplicate entries in my Google calendar.
I've clicked around all the options and settings I can think of, searched help and here and I'm coming up blank.
I have a Storm2 (9550) that I'm trying to sync with Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7 Pro 32bit. DTM doesn't see Outlook under "Select a desktop application". DTM version is 126.96.36.199. Ran install as Administrator and selected "for all users". I had it working on my old computer - Outlook 2003 on an XP computer.
I entered a recurring appointment on my PC in gmail/calendar and it synced fine to my phone. Now I don't need the item on my calendar on my Storm anymore and have deleted it from the calendar on my PC but it keeps coming up on my phone. How do I get it off of my phone calendar? I know how to delete it one at a time, but is there a way to delete the entire one all at once?
The search function isnt finding any recurring events I have synced from Outlook. When I go to the Calendar they are there. I've put the event in Name and/or text field, nothing seems to work. It will find events that have only one occurance, but not any of my birthdays. Any thoughts, another .607 issue?
After installing 188.8.131.523, I noticed I had no calendar icon anywhere. I looked in all of my folders and made sure it wasn't hidden. I resent service books and that didn't restore the icon. Any thoughts would be helpful.
Symptom: Calendar takes ~5 seconds to load. Upon loading, another ~5 seconds till it will respond to any activity. I have it default to Agenda view, as I always have. Prior to v184.108.40.2067 this was NEVER an issue. Work-around: If I turn "show free time" to ON, then it works perfect. Loads instantly, scrolls instantly, etc. However, turned OFF, it reverts to issue above.Problem is that I really don't want to show the free time on my view. Whom else has this issue, anyone? Does anyone know how to resolve this?
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
You've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 220.127.116.117 to pc.
2. install this over 18.104.22.1687 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 22.214.171.1247 to pc
2. install this over 126.96.36.1997 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 188.8.131.520 to pc
2. install this over 184.108.40.2060 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
Anyone who knows how to set up the X10 mini to synchronize calender, contacts, notes and tasks with outlook? Are not looking for the full integration with email, but a simple integration on a push/pull basis similar to the functionality available on SE PC suite for the older models using the USB cabel
After days of searching I have been successf in syncing contacts, calendar, and tasks on my Samsung Android phone (Galaxy S5) with Outlook 2010 on my Windows 7 Desktop using the following tools and procedure:
Install Samsung's Android "SmartSwitch" app on the phone
Install Samsung's Windows "SmartSwitch" application on the desktop
Configure the Windows "SmartSwitch" application to sync the desired outlook data.After the phone and desktop applications are installed and configured, connect the phone to the desktop using an appropriate USB cable. Windows plug and play may or may not correctly recognize the phone, but the SmartSwitch application should connect to the phone's client app and initiate the data transfer.
On the phone, email, contacts, and calendar applications will readily display and update the Outlook data from your desktop. Unfortunately, accessibility of Outlook's "To Do" task list is somewhat obscure due to Samsung's non-intuitive UI and menu organization.To access Outlook's "To Do" task list, using the phone's Calendar app:
Tap the timeframe (Day, Week, Month, Year) text in the upper left screen header.In the resulting drop-down, tap "Agenda" and the screen will display an agenda of dated Calendar events and "Agenda" in the upper left screen header.Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right screen header
In the resulting drop-down, tap "Filter by" and select "Tasks" in the resulting pop-up and the screen will now display undated tasks in the main window. Although I did not see this documented anywhere, apparently the programmers define Events as "date-associated" list items, and "Tasks" and undated list items.To return the screen display back to Events (dated list items), tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper right screen header and select either "Events" or "All" in the resulting pop-up.
To return the screen display back to Calendar mode, Tap the word "Agenda" in the upper left screen header and select the desired calendar timeframe (Day, Week, Month, Year) from the resulting drop-down.
I noticed that after going through this process once, when the main display is in "Agenda" mode I have an "Undated" section at the top of the display. When "Undated" is tapped, the section expands to display all of your undated Outlook tasks.how to maintain the Outlook's hierarchy of folder names (the grouping of each task) in the imported data.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.
I am thinking of buying a used BlackBerry Storm. I originally was just going to buy one and use it on Page Plus Cellular, but with what is going on with Page Plus Cellular I am now wondering if I should just use this in T-Mobile prepaid. Does this need to be unlocked to use it on GSM in the US?