Brand new to BB, switched from Palm T/X. I use both calendar and Tasks a lot. I need them both as I use them for different things. Anyway, I have entered about 4 recurring (monthly) tasks on my Storm 2 9550 AND I enable "view tasks in the Calendar options. Despite this, I only see the upcoming tasks for the next month. In other words, even though they should be showing on the 1st of each month, they are only showing for 1 month.
The Verizon sales rep in the store tells me I can access my calendar and tasks wireless at my work without the BES by purchasing the $45 data plan. The Customer Service Rep on the phone tells me I must have the BES to access my calendar and tasks wireless. My first blackberry gets delivered today.
i just got my storm2 a few days ago and was wondering if there is a way to transfer my address book from my curve to my storm2. Can it be done through the desktop manager on a computer? a friend of mine said she went into best buy and they have a special system that connects both the phones and transfers the info. I just dont want to take a special trip to BB just to do this if i can do it my self on a computer.
Every morning when I wake up, my new Storm 2 had duplicated all of its contacts, sometime there is up to 30 of the same contact. I am new to BB in general, and this is driving me crazy! I have google sync running from my google contacts. It has even gone as far as erasing some of my contacts.
My BB handset is now more accurate then my contact list on my desktop. All the other threads have me resetting my handheld, but that is something that I can not do as it is the most accurate now.
Is there a program where I can download all of my contacts to desktop and save them there, and then upload the ones I want back? BTW, for the last 5 days at least I have manually deleted over 400 contacts, this is pretty time consuming! GRR
On my Storm 1, I could just go to my SMS screen, hit menu, then go to 'Compose SMS Text' and enter in any number I wanted to send a text to.On my storm 2, when I try the same, it always asks me to pick someone from my phonebook and I do not have the ability to just enter in a number.
I just got off the phone after trying to trouble shoot a VZ Navigator issue, and the Blackberry support person told me that the Blackberry was only designed to hold 1000 contacts (more if a contact has multiple entries). Has anyone heard of this? Only 1000 contacts? Really? Or is this just BS?
My Navigator issue was that when my user clicked on "Contacts" inside the Navigator software, it takes about 1 minute 45 seconds to pull up his contacts. The Verizon rep said that's more than likley because it's polling our BES server for any changes and besides, the BB isn't designed to hold more than 1000 contacts.
It's deleted some contacts completely, and then it's added some phone numbers from other individuals to different contacts. All I have right now is deleting everything I know isn't right and starting from scratch.
- i set a custom ringtone for SMS for a contact (ie BBPro_Sanguine) - all other options (vol, LED, vib, etc) are set to "Active Profile" - hit "try it" and you get nothing. - if that person actually sends an SMS, either you dont get ringtone, or it does default Lightspeed tone.
also, if you set any of the other options (vol,LED,vib), the ring tone works: but if you do custom ringtone for voice calls, everything work as it should. started happening after i upgraded to the 428 leak. hasnt gone away since all the hybrids if installed.
i'm having a problem with the 2 leaks for 9550 i just installed the newest and the same problem i live in Saudi Arabia and the smart dialing says smart dialing is not available for this country numbers will be diled without modification. can someone help me or do i have to replace my 9550 with something that have this feature and + i cant modify the call forwarding it's not there in the options Q: why blackberrys always tend to **** me off
Good evening everybody. For several days I had noticed that my BB ( 9550 Storm 2, Verizon Wireless, about one year old, v 18.104.22.1683[Bundle 1206, Platform 22.214.171.1243) would consume the batterly life much faster ( in less than 12 hours, I would have to charge it again), I went to the store and gave me some tips about how to conserve energy and such and did not think I needed a new battery. Finally on Thursday it would go into a loop of freezing and resetting and then freezing again , and resetting, for hours. I had synchronized the device the night before. So ,I decided to go for a hard reset. NOw, in spite of the sync'ing, I don't have my contacts in the device and, what is worse, I don't know where to look for them in my laptop.
Apologies if this has been answered already, I've searched for quite some time and not been able to find the answer I'm quite new to BlackBerries, and have had a Storm2 for about a month now. Each night I plug it in to charge and use the Bedside Mode. What I'd like to do is have it so that it all notifications are off, except for those from specific contacts. I've set up a BlackBerry Contact Group with those people in (ie just family, close friends, important colleagues, etc.). Is there a way for me to do this?
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
Alright, so I posted something similar before, but now it's an evolved issue. When my contacts call me, the specified ringtone works. When the same contacts SMS me, it only plays the default tone I've chosen, not their specified tone. I've turned off encryption for contacts.
How I can delete duplicate contact and address book entries on my Storm 2 (running .428). I initially installed Google Sync app which synced the contacts correctly without duplicates but the address book entries got duplicated. I subsequently added my Gmail account using the built-in email set up, now I have duplicate contacts. On the web, there are no duplicates on neither the address book nor my contacts. I have disabled the contact sync on the Google Sync, with no luck. I searched the forum and it seems there are others that have reported the same problems but no real solutions have been offered.
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 126.96.36.1997 to pc.
2. install this over 188.8.131.527 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 184.108.40.2067 to pc
2. install this over 220.127.116.117 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 18.104.22.1680 to pc
2. install this over 22.214.171.1240 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I have noticed that i am unable to send an email to a person if i enter the email in the TO: section of the compose email. If i am replying to an email or clicking on a link like craigslist it works fine. If i am sending the email to a contact with a stored email address it works fine.
But if i just enter the email address for instance JRSpero@gmail.com the little send box in the upper right corner is not bright and is not able to be selected.
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.
I am thinking of buying a used BlackBerry Storm. I originally was just going to buy one and use it on Page Plus Cellular, but with what is going on with Page Plus Cellular I am now wondering if I should just use this in T-Mobile prepaid. Does this need to be unlocked to use it on GSM in the US?
I am wondering if it is possible to install an OS designed for the 9520 on to the 9550. I need to do this in order to have Chinese input (unless someone else knows a way to do this?) enabled on my 9550.
This is the entire .643 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work. Will show .643 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... 517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL...