Samsung Finesse How do you activate the security lock without having to go through the menu, type in your code, then have it lock.I am not talking about the screen lock button at the top, because when you use that and turn it back on the screen is unlocked and it doesn't require pass code. I'd like to have the screen lock whenever the screen times out, or it comes back out of "locked" mode.On some phones you push a combo of buttons and it locks? any idea?
I just got a Samsung finesse and I found a secret menu that asks for an 6 digit user lock code: menu>settings>Send key>587846 this is the service programing menu menu>settings>then tab over using the arrow keys to message> send key> it asks for a 6 digit lock code.
I've been thinking of getting this phone on Straight Talk, but I'm finding it hard to pay retail for a smart phone that is locked down so tight. I've been searching for the OS of this phone here and on Google but have come up blank.I've used smart phones up till about a month ago when I dumper VZW and feel kinda lost with just a standard handset.
I recently purchased a Samsung Finesse SCH-R810 and I simply love it, How or what program to I have to buy to be able to add my own ringtones? I tried the PC Studio and didn't load it properly or its not compatible.
I have just got my first ever HTC phone, the HTC One X. I've had it for less than a week, when I lock the screen after a short while the phone will reset its self, it has done this about 5 times in the last hour.
I have a samsung finesse for metro pcs and I am trying to sawp the esn with my moto hint. I bought a samsung finesse of of craigslist and the phone turned out to be on the bill not paid list . I can't get in touch with the seller b/c i was scammed! Anyways, I found how to use qpst and ect... but when i get into it I can't access the nvm folder!!! It has a huge red cross through it and is empty when i click on it. I have tried everything to unlock it but can't! If anyone knows how to unlock the nvm folder for the samsung finesse on metro pcs!
Just sorting out some boxes and I found my old Clearnet/Telus SCH 8580. Thought I maybe able to give it away, who knows? If not it will go to a recycle box. Anyhow I wanted to clear the phone and reset to factory settings but the phone asks for a lock code! I dont remember ever using a code, if I did I obviously have erased from my own memory.Maybe there was a default code I used? Does any one have any idea or option to remove lock code.
I have had the Omnia from Verizon (I believe that's i910) for a couple of weeks now and I am sorry to say that I hate it. This is the first phone that I ever bought that I just can't get to using. I originally picked it because it was the best multipurpose smart phone that Verizon offered and I heard a lot of dissapointing things about the Blackberry Storm. Also, the battery life was supposed to be amazing and it has wifi which the Storm does not.
However, there are certain things that I just hate about the Omnia and I am hoping that you guys might be able to help me out to solve these issues.
1) The keyboard. I have very small fingers and should have not problem with this. I have tried all of the available text input methods and even tried downloading "Zoomboard" but it still takes forever to create a message. I found myself just pulling out my laptop logging on and replying to an email that way since it is much faster.
2) I hated the lock screen. I found it boring looking and tedious to use. So I installed "S2U2" which got rid of the boring part. But it is still tedious because when I receive a call it creates a delay from when I push the answer button and when the call is actually connected. Plus it always tries to reorient it's self with the accelerometer. Which I hate waiting for.
3) I hate the stylus. There has got to be a way to set up the phone so that I never need the stylus. Some of the included apps from Samsung do make it easier but I still find myself whipping it out to use the VZNavigator, Opera, Skyfire, Calendar, file explorer, and email. Not to mention that the stylus is tethered to the phone, looks stupid, and constantly gets in my way (although, I did just read about a case from Brando that may solve this issue.)
4) I hate closing apps with the "X" It is a pain in the butt to touch without the stylus. I find myself starting outside of the screen with my fingernail and then slowly working it in to hit the "X." Plus when you do this the "X" the app doesn't actually close it just runs in the background consuming memory and battery power.
5) The key pad hides and locks every time you make a call. This makes checking voicemail and using automated menus incredibly annoying.
6) The address book sucks. I hate the one that Sumsung installed because it is not very responsive to my finger and often skips right over the letter I am looking up. The search is a nice feature but it requires me to hit another button, then open the keyboard, and either pull out the stylus to type a the name in the search box in portrait mode, or rotate the phone to landscape, wait for it rotate then type the name in the search box with my fingers. The Windows Mobile one is even worse. I find myself just pulling up the keypad then spelling out the name with the alhpanumeric buttons and hoping that only one or two names come up. If more than two does I then have to close the keypad and ever so carefully select the name with my thumbnail.
7) The touch screen and optical mouse respond to everything. And I mean everything. If when I through it in my pocket after I thought I locked it I can feel the haptic feedback working as things are accidently being selected.
Here's the deal. I know this phone has a lot of great potential and I know some people have found a way to solve most of these issues. I just do not have the time or patience to troubleshoot every single one. Also, I am coming from an iPhone which had none of the above issues and was incredibly intuitive to use. However, it sucked for syncing with exchange, and had no ability to manipulate office documents. I would be still using it if my company didn't for a switch from ATT to Verizon. I love how easily the Omnia syncs with my outlook and exchange accounts, I love the wifi ability, the ability to edit office documents, and the fact that there are a million great apps out there for it. I heard there were ways to basically clone the iPhone onto Win Mo which would be awesome. Is there anyone out there willing to help me! Thank you all for your time. I look forward to your feedback.
So as things are perfect and smiley in the world, the way to make your day complete is to drop your brand new samsung galaxy s2 from a pathetically small height and watch as the whole screen shatters to bits. Enough to put anyone in a great mood.Fixing the screen isn't the problem though. 02 have agreed to fix it for me, for a small fee, but they have confirmed that the whole phone will be flashed before hand. This is not good. I have a lot of memories on the phone that i would like back.I have connected the phone to samsung keis, however, since the screen locked, the dam thing won't let me in to my own data. Understandably this is to ensure absolutle security to your sh** but I can't help wondering why samsung didn't install an option that allows you to unlock the phone from your computer. really need some help figuring out how I can get my sh** back. If anyone knows how to bypass the screen lock or just refresh it. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. I'm not in a great rush since my mum refuses to pay for the fix. and it'll take me a few weeks to save up.i can't unlock the phone because i can't see the screen and i think the touch pad is bust as well.
I have a 5800, which has been unlocked by the provider (Tmobile) so I can use an 02 sim. The phone currently has the expired certificate problem, and as suggested in the forums a factory reset may fix this. I know that most of the phones setting will also be reset. But will a factory reset also reset the sim lock, and lock the phone back to Tmobile?
Ok.. I thought I had changed my unlock code properly.. the screen lock, and apparently I keyed in something wrong lol. Embarrassing, yes.Is there any way to master unlock this screen lock? I've tried the usual, phone number, all zeros, etc.
My password comes on too quick once the screen has gone off. How do i delay this as its very annoying to keep having to enter my password after i leave it for a minute or so. Best phone i have every had and i have had every phone there is!
I somehow managed to change my screenlock password, it used to be a four-digit code.I had the phone in my pocket for a while and after that I can't get in.s there anything I can do besides reseting to factory settings? If I connect the phone to my computer I can't reach any data on the phone so I can't save pictures and stuff like that so I'm not very keen on reseting the whole thing. read somewhere that I might be able to use my gmail-account but I don't have that option. When I type in the wrong password five times it just says I have to wait for 30 seconds. Over and over again..
Is it possible to have anything other than the clock on the Lockscreen, an you have a widget on there or something?and Secondly:I'm not too sure if this is the right way to go about this but being a bit of a novice with respect to smart phones I'm open to other suggestions.I'm off on holiday soon and want to take a few audiobooks with me. So what I thought was that I create a Folder on my Home screen called Holiday Books and stick in the audiobooks that I want to take with me.
Q1) How do I put the (MP3) audiobooks into this Holiday Books folder?
Q2) How do I associate a particular music player with the audiobook files as I don't use the music player provided on the phone?
Anyway, last night I set my alarm as I normally do before bed and this morning I over slept by a disgusting amount because somehow all of my apps had spontaneously crashed while I was asleep! The force close notification kept coming up for a number of different applications before I was forced to simply turn it off. When I turned it on again a few seconds later, most of my settings had been wiped along with much of the data kept on the actual phone memory. Some stuff was still there, like all my apps, my connections and passwords, but my home screen was defaulted, as were my message tone, ring tone and input settings. Also gone were any phone numbers I had stored on the phone itself as well as all of my inbox messages.
So, I went into the settings to put my screen lock back on because I noticed that had been reset, too. I did the normal routine, picked the pattern, confirmed it and so on. But after I put my phone down and locked the screen, when I picked it back up again and pressed the home key to activate the screen, it was just unlocked. I didn't have to input the unlock pattern. However, when I went back into the settings to make sure they were all okay, it made me enter the unlock pattern to get into it! How odd.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how or if it's possible to change the "Lock Screen" wallpaper from the default ATT background to a custom choice, just as you can change the internal wallpaper? I've been fooling with this phone for a while and haven't yet found it!
*2767*2878#. I used this code to reset my phone of my T-629, but after doing this my phone is stuck on the screen that says SGH-T629 Samsung. This is my only phone, this is my favorite phone and i have a lot of things saved on it.