BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Why Device With 256 Could Not Run It?
Apr 22, 2010
I dunno about that pic, if it is running OS 6.0 it doesn't look like the OS is taking up that much memory. I don't see why a device with 256 couldn't run it. Yea it wouldn't boot up with 130 like it is now, but still. 256 should be enough.
Now I've never had this problem on my Curve, but i recently bought a Storm 2 and the phone does not detect the 16Mb memory card. I have tested several other memory cards and still nothing. I have used my Curve to format the card and it worked fine for the Curve but still didn't work in the storm. Any suggestions or fixes for this problem?
You've probably all been asked this loads and I've read some forums posts and tried software but ive not been able to find a solution or answer.Basically Ive just got myself a Storm2 and was told by my provider that I could sync my emails from outlook to my device and back like a windows mobile device. As ive found out this isnt the case, I really like the phone and dont want to hand it back over to swap for another device but if I dont find a solution then I wont have a choice.My question is, is there any software available that will sync my device to my computer the same as a WM device does through activesync?I have tried Astrasync and Notifysync both which throw errors up and dont work
What the heck do you use it for? I know what it can be used for, but what do you use it for? So far mine is empty, and I haven't run across anything to use it for yet. Just wondering if there is something obvious that I am missing that people are using it for.
I am trying to use my Storm 2 as a Wifi only device as I have switched to another phone. I have set up the Wifi connection to my router and disabled the mobile network. The problem is that only some applications are able to connect to the Internet successfully. I am able to send message through Blackberry Messenger and Pandora streams music but I cannot receive e-mails, load anything in the web browser or use the Facebook app. I am getting an error stating that the device could not connect to the Internet. Does annyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?
I'm a new user here, also a newbie to BB, I really love that something like this site exist, and I was reading thru the forums and I can see alot of expertise and experience in posts, I hope that someone will help me with my issue.
I've got a BB Storm2 9550 from Verizon, that was working fine until I accidentally dropped it and it cracked the whole screen, but the device was working NP. I decided that I will buy a new replacement part display and replace the damaged one with the new one. So I do have a new display and I take apart my damaged 9550 removed the display and replaced for the one I ordered, It turns out its a display from 9920 not 9550, the phone symbols looks a bit different, both red and green are sharped on ends and facing down and the BB logo and the back button on the new display is smaller. That would not do anything else then a slight change in the look that i absolutely dont mid at all....
Title explains it all after mulitple battry pulls my lock button only locks the device untill I hit the unlock button. The screen to enter the password doesn't show up. it just says " screen is locked press power button to unlock". I need my device to have a password.
I just got my Storm 2 this afternoon (I had a Storm 1 for 1-1/2 years). After I restored my files from Desktop Manager I went to Application Loader to see what I wanted to take off or put on. I removed all the foreign language stuff and added a few items. When I clicked next I got an error message saying there was not enough memory in my device. This is crazy since I have 117 MB of free application memory. I am using Desktop Manager v. 4.7 that worked fine for my Storm 1. Do I have to use v5 for the Storm 2, or is it some other problem.
I always thought that the code files when you do a backup are pin specific and you can only use them on one device at a time. But the other day I transferred a premium theme. I paid for to my roomates s2 from one of my backup folders and it works perfectly fine. Does this mean that we could just share any app between storms as long as they don't ask for a reg code? Or was this just a fluke and it shouldn't have worked?
Got an unlocked 9550 (VW) activated but I am not getting emails (have BIS plan). I went to tmobile to change the device (PIN and IMEI) but tmobile says "The information you have provided is not valid for this provider."Also, I can't update the host routing table. It's blank and registering doesn't do anything. APN is set to epc.tmobile.com.
I'm considering getting the Incredible (terrible name) when it comes out but I really don't want to pay the $600 retail. What are my options to lower the cost? How much can I sell my S2 for assuming I make an insurance claim on my current cracked one and receive a nice new one? Is there any way VZW will let me upgrade?
Like many have done, I've got a replacement S2 on its way to me and have to consider how to treat it when it get here.Are there any known memory resource issues or corrupt files issues when using Device Switch Wizard within Desktop Mgr? I could certainly build it up from scratch, but the Switcher could make life easier, if it doesn't bring its own unique set of problems with its use.Any insights from those who have used both methods on the same model device?
I've been a Blackberry user since November '09 and have a Storm 2.I am very aggravated and at my wit'send.I read all the threads about moving pics from your device to your media card, but nothing is working.I moved them all individually.What I am attempting to do:When I take a pic with my camera, I'd like it to save automatically to my memory card.
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 22.214.171.1247 to pc.
2. install this over 126.96.36.1997 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 188.8.131.527 to pc
2. install this over 184.108.40.2067 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 220.127.116.110 to pc
2. install this over 18.104.22.1680 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
One is $4 and one is $15,One has alot more features and one doesnt.One has alot of bugs and one doesnt. Compare the 2 and post your thoughts.Advanced Device Locks for BlackBerry - Business & Finance BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store .New App! Ultimate Lock | The Ultimate Lock for the BlackBerry
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.
I am thinking of buying a used BlackBerry Storm. I originally was just going to buy one and use it on Page Plus Cellular, but with what is going on with Page Plus Cellular I am now wondering if I should just use this in T-Mobile prepaid. Does this need to be unlocked to use it on GSM in the US?
I am wondering if it is possible to install an OS designed for the 9520 on to the 9550. I need to do this in order to have Chinese input (unless someone else knows a way to do this?) enabled on my 9550.
This is the entire .643 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work. Will show .643 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... 517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL...
This is the entire .669 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work.Will show .669 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... Alt Links:URL...