I am currently with Sprint and I am a TOUR owner. I wanted to know is there a way for you to talk and text at the same time? I can receive my messages while on the phone just dont think I can respond to them while talking.
When I saw the AT&T commercial about a guy who talks on his phone while he surfs the web at the same, I thought 'let me try that on my 9700'. So right now as I type these, I'm actually streaming podcast, have my buddy on the other line, and here typing this. AT&T claims that Verizon, which their direct competitor here in the states, can't do any of these talking while surfing web. I have been a T-mobile customer for 4 years now and for the past 2 years I have been talking and surfing at the same time without a problem. I thought depends on the phone as well whether it can do this or not, not the network.
How is the talk time for the D900?I know i heard the battery life on it is really ******, so I realize that I need to recharge it daily; which isn't a problem. But how many minutes of talking can i get out of it before it needs to be recharged? ON AVERAGE?
Cuz I just saw one of those million 3g commercials with at&t vs verizon. At&t claims u can talk and surf on the web cuz of its 3g. Well can u do that with the 9700? How about t-mo, can the 9700 do that on t-mo?
Me and my girlfriend stay on the phone almost 24 hours a day. even during work hours. every 4 hours we have to hang up the phone and call each other back. if we dont then the call will hang up on its own. she has at&t and i have t-mobile. why cant the call stay connected at all times beyond 4 hours? anyone notice that? is this a setting on our blackberrys that does this or what?...she has the blackberry bold i have the blackberry curve 8310
I'm thinking of abandoning the I-Phone altogether because of two annoyances that get only worse, not better, with time. But if any newer I-Phone (I currently have the 3GS) has removed these annoyances, I will upgrade.
1. I want txt alerts to continue (every minute or two) until I have opened and read a text message. Does any model I-Phone allow for this?
2. I want to disable predictive text as I don't like the I-Phone algorhthym for this -- it causes me endless grief. Which model allows for this?
3. I want my battery to last a minimum of 2 days without charging (I've tried all the usual ways of reducing battery consumption and the result does not meet my needs). Does any model I-Phone allow for this?
I'm planning to purchase a Bold next week. Is it true the Bold is the first BlackBerry that is capable of sending emails (not simply typing emails) and talking on the phone (or sending a text message) at the same time? Older models were not capable of sending emails and using the phone line at the same time because they could not use EDGE for emails and GSM/GPRS for phone calls simultaneously.
My brother is due his upgrade on the 6th of next month and he's looking for a phone that has very good talk time and standby time, he's not bothered about having any other features because he only uses his phone as a phone, what would you guys be able to suggest?
My Nokia 6500 slide shows texts have been received an hour earlier than they have i.e. the time on my phone is for instance 10:00am and a text is sent at that time the phone says it was received at 9:00am. How can I fix this.
This samsung phone might in fact be the worst phone ever made.
1. ONE hour talk time battery life, unless you use the external battery wallet.
2. worst layout ever. It takes a billion key-presses just to hit the most commonly used menus. Using some functions such as setting an alarm requires you to flip between the front and back screens way too many times.
3. By far the worst reception of any phone i've ever used by a landslide. I get randomly dropped every 30 minutes and I live across the street from the cell tower. My other phones have dropped me maybe twice a year. Yes, this samsung has dropped more calls in one night than my last two phone had in 4 years combined.
4. touchpad is highly prone to error, which I guess is to be expected because most touchpads i've had are terrible
5. terrible finish. even with the protector that comes with it the entire outter shiny paint chipped after one week. My other phones that are 3+ years old aren't chipped yet, and I don't even have a protective case for those.
6. No stopwatch function. I mean seriously... was it too much to ask for?
7. even when you're using only the tiny 0.2 inch tall screen, the large back screen stays on, albeit without the backlight. This is probably the reason why the talk time is so terrible.
8. No stopwatch function. I mean seriously... WTF?
9. speaker phone volume is ridiculously low. Even with it on speakerphone, the sound output is still quieter than my nokia in normal mode. You can't even tell it's in speaker phone when you put your ears to it.
10. and because all lists have 10 items... No stopwatch function.
We received two Blackberry Curves today. The sales clerk told us that our plan includes 10 National Fab Ten talk and text. for each of our phones. We were told we could register our 10 fab ten online. I have been attempting to set up these two phones. I cannot find WHERE I can input the 10 numbers we were told we could. It took over 2 hours just to register to this forum, with much frustration.
My BB Pearl 8120 picks up wi-fi fine, but I have just replaced my home router and it doesn't recognize it when I scan for networks, All other wireless devices in the house (TV, laptop, I-Pad, son's phone) connect no problem.
I tried searching for this but couldnt find any answers. i was playing around with my buddy's droid and he has a program where he can talk and it converts it to a text message. is there any program/app like this for the storm 2?
connecting nokia N8 to internet via Talk Talk router with WEP. I have just updated my Nokia's software and now I can use an internet because I'm getting error. I can connect to the router, there is a status "connected" but then the internet not working.