BB Storm2 9550/9520 :: Keylock Troubleshooting Upon Incoming Calls
Jul 14, 2010
I bought this app today because I thought it would help with my problem. When I reach into my pocket to answer a call I almost always end up ignoring the call by hitting the end button. Even though I set the lock function to stay locked when you get an incoming call it does not do this. I would like the app to force me to unlock the phone to answer. Any help, was this the wrong app for my problem?
I have an annoying issue with incoming calls. when one comes in, the screen will lock up in landscape mode. even when i hold the phone upright, it's still frozen in landscape and the ringtone cuts in and out. then eventually after touching the screen multiple times it will unfreeze and the ringtone starts all over. this has happened with every hybrid and os ive had. even with the .320 i believe.
Every cell I've had until now shows the contacts name as long as they are in the phones contact list. I'm using a Storm 2 9550 and I've been rooting through the settings trying to see if there's a way to show a contacts name but I'm not having much luck.
For some reason when I go to call someone and hit the send key its just saying calling + the number and doesn't start the counter or start the ringing for 5-10 seconds. More towards the 10 second range. Also in the corner of the screen where the arrows are to show data going thru there is still a arrow but a very small one and then when the call goes thru it goes to the regular size arrows. Does anyone know what it is? It only started recently. I am using it on verizon.
Anyone know how to record phone calls on the Storm2? I tried looking for an app, but no go so far. I then tried thinking of getting a digital voice memo recorder with an in/out line that I could use a wired headset to but I feel like I'm making it too complicated. Any thoughts or knowledge of an app out there for this? Thanks ahead for any insight!!
This has bugged me ever since I first got my Storm2 during the week it was released and has not changed after going from 320 to 607!
In my messages list I always see the Names/Numbers of those who have left voicemails EVEN AFTER I delete the original VM in Visual VM. Not only that - when I delete it out of the (email) messages list....they come right back!
I bought a new verizon storm 2 phone, at least I think its new, and unlocked it for t-mobile. A lot of the times, when I make a call or receive a call after like 10 seconds or so, theres no sound and call fails...Is my phone refurbished or this something that happens commonly with the storm 2? Sometimes I receive calls and make calls just fine, but it does this pretty often.
We use a service at our office that I forwards our calls to our mobile phones. However, when the call is forwarded I need to press 1 to allow it to come through. It is annoying that I have to hit the icon at the bottom left to make the number pad come up... and I often miss the call because the screen will not come up fast enough to hit 1 to receive it. Is there a way to make the number pad come up (and stay up) by default when receiving a call?
I wanted to try BuzzBerry Free so I download it from the app-store, didn't like it so I deleted it and now my LED doesn't flash when I have a missed call anymore.All the other LED notifications work except when I have a missed call, it just stays blank.I tried deleting, restarting, reinstalling, restarting and it the LED will only work on missed calls if BuzzBerry is installed and controlling it.So I even tried deleting, BuzzBerry Free again, and installed the BuzzBerry 3 7 Day trial, didn't like that either, uninstalled it, restartd, then battery pull for 3 mins and my Missed Called LED is still not working.
Did they rig this program so that you have to buy it or they leave your phone screwed?I hope someone can help me with this because I only got my Storm 2 less than month ago and I think they made this horrible app to permanently screw your phone up if you chose not to buy.I'm using OS version 220.127.116.117 on Bell mobility Should I try upgrading or changing the OS?Is this a problem I can call BlackBerry about ? If I can't fix this I want a phone replacement and the makers of this program hanged.
I will be making a call and hitting mute, flash, whatever! Even if the dial pad is up I somehow inexplicably hit mute or flash or whatever. It is DRIVING ME NUTS! I had TalkLock on my Storm 1 and it was alright.
I heard StormLock is better but I can't find it in App World. TalkLock is there but I'm not sure if it will work with Storm 2.
When I put my phone on charger at night it enters bedside mode. Currently I have it set to silent for all. However, I would like two things to get through. Berry weather advisory, and phone calls from one or two contacts. I don't want phone only because I don't want to be woke up by just anybody but I would like for one or two people to be able to get through in case of a emergency.
Help/Advice is needed ASAP!I'm leaving for Switzerland in less than 10 hours and I needed to find a way to keep in contact with my family here in the U.S. for relatively cheap. Well I bought a plan with Skype (since I have Skype mobile on my storm) where I can make international calls for reasonable rates. Now I am afraid that my friends may call/text my phone while I'm overseas NOT using skype and rack up my Verizon bill. Is there anyway at all that I can block calls and texts from coming to my phone but not interfere with my skype mobile?Also has anyone used Skype mobile overseas? Does it work well?
I have scrolled through the forums reading about both these phones and i have a few questions
1.What i am still unsure of is which phone is better suited to Canadian phone companies neither will get 3g coverage but will one work better than the other like will they both get 2.5g coverage?
2. Also i have read that possibly the 9520 will be comin to rogers but i havnt heard anything recent on it does anyone have news on a release date or anything?
3. Right now i am thinkin of buyin the storm 9550 from telus and either goin with fido or terminate my contract with them and stay with telus or move to rogers. Is there a company that is better suited to the storm 2 or will either giv me 2.5g?
607-based download here 9550/9520. instructions: 1. install 18.104.22.1687 to pc.
2. install this over 22.214.171.1247 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone this hybrid includes: - .732 in about screen - 150+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .689+ - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support download here
517-580-based download here 9550 instructions:
1. install 126.96.36.1997 to pc
2. install this over 188.8.131.527 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone 9520 instructions: 1. install 184.108.40.2060 to pc
2. install this over 220.127.116.110 folder
2a. shrink your os if you want
3. install to phone download here this hybrid includes: - .608 in about screen - 120+ .748/.732 files including browser - the rest .580 files/6xx - latest: app world, bbm, docs2go, facebook, twitter - bbhybrids launcher (optional) - shrink-a-os (optional, but recommended) - bbsak (optional, excellent tool) - blackberry master control program (optional, another excellent tool) - multi-language support both hybrids: added apps: - bbhybrids theme (by rellims) - bbscanner - berryblab (vbulletin client) - bolt/opera5 browser choices - google maps - poynt - quickpull free - ubertwitter - Internet
I guinea pigged this, and can confirm it works...partially !!! Install .451, replace java folder with .497, then copy and paste .484 java over that... (NOTE: you may experience an app error reset, just let it reboot and you should be fine!)
I've been thinking of getting a Blackberry for quite some time now and decided to get the storm2 due to it's larger screen.I m located in Canada and using Fido (or Rogers). So I could get either one right? But why do I hear some rumors that 9550 is not so good on GSM as the 9520? Should I get 9550 or 9520? I wont be using the CDMA at all, but it seems that I could get 9550 a lot easier than 9520 in Canada.
I've got my messages, emails, etc. etc. moved out of the messages folder to their respective icons. The only thing I can't figure out and haven't yet found in the forums, is how to move the missed calls from my message folder.I don't want to use the messages folder for anything. I've tried hiding it but it still shows the missed calls. Is there a way to make a missed calls folder, or add them to the sms/mms folder like my voicemail notices are?
First I would like to say hello to my fellow berry folks. This is my first post on this site. I was a regular on blackberryforums.com but I see there is a greater following on crackberry, so I'll share my story here...... I have AT&T for my carrier and I was up for an phone upgrade. A few months ago I purchased a brand new 9550 (had the Pearl2 before that and the original Pearl before that!) that was unlocked and I loved it!!! Since this was a Verizon phone, I could not use AT&T's 3G network so I decided to go with the "next best thing", the Iphone. Well, 24 hours later I was returning the phone back to the story. I was unimpressed. Here are the reasons why, though they may seem petty, was enough for me to give it back.........
1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.
2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.
3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.
4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.
5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
A few things that were pretty sweet on the Iphone........
1. Safari. Very nice and extremely user friendly. Was very fast but I don't have anything to compare it with since my Blackberry could not use the 3G network. Hopefully RIMs new browser will be up to par.
2. A trillion apps..........Nuff said........It'll be quite awhile for Blackberry to catch up in that department. But my guess it that 95% of Apples apps are pretty useless.
3. No clicking. This is bitter/sweet for me. For typing, clicking is a MUST for me and I missed it dearly. But for larger "depressions" like icons and such where mistakes are minimal due to the fact of the larger area to push on, a simple tap on the screen was very nice. I wish a "tap not click" was an option on the Blackberry, as I would be tapping icons and clicking text.
I just got a replacement Storm 2 dated Mar 6, 2010. My old Storm worked pretty well but sometimes the bottom row buttons would stick, especially when using the Seidio extended battery with the plastic battery cover. I have a week or so to try both out before sending back the old one.
The new screen feels more... buttery. Its smooth. Buttery smooth. The old screen is clickier. The bottom row buttons on the new screen are a little sloppy compared to when you press the middle of the screen. Does anyone else notice this? I don't like that.But so far the new screen hasn't locked up on the bottom row as much, especially when trying to use it while the Storm is lying on a table.
For typing, the old screen seems just a bit faster, maybe just a bit less pressure required. New screen is a bit harder to type on but smoother.The old screen has a warmer white color than the old, but that is OK the old was fairly "blue".I don't know for sure yet which I like better! But will update here as I find more. If new screen prevents "hard button" syndrome than that's probably enough.
When I put my micro Sd card into my PC I see there is a file within Blacberry marked "E-Books", however if I put any e-books into that file and put the card back into my Blackberry, I cannot no longer find that file in the various icons on the screen to even try and read the e-books.
I suppose no one has yet tried to load the java from .741 (9520) with the 713 radio for the 9550 yet. If someone gets to this before I do, please post your findings (most importantly the issue with making and ending phone calls on the previous radio versions not functioning properly). Once I get to work, I'll load it up and let you know my findings if no one has done it yet. It'll be several hours though.
I am thinking of buying a used BlackBerry Storm. I originally was just going to buy one and use it on Page Plus Cellular, but with what is going on with Page Plus Cellular I am now wondering if I should just use this in T-Mobile prepaid. Does this need to be unlocked to use it on GSM in the US?
I am wondering if it is possible to install an OS designed for the 9520 on to the 9550. I need to do this in order to have Chinese input (unless someone else knows a way to do this?) enabled on my 9550.
This is the entire .643 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work. Will show .643 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... 517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL...
This is the entire .669 Java folder with a few 612 files to make it all work.Will show .669 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install. Links:URL... Alt Links:URL...
Will show .692 in the Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 607, replace the files in the .607 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 612, replace the files in the .612 java folder with the hybrid files and install.
Links: URL... Alt Links: URL...
517 radio/ 580 radio version - Should show .580 in Help-->About screen 9550 - Install 517, replace the files in the .517 java folder with the hybrid files and install.9520 - Install 580, replace the files in the .580 java folder with the hybrid files and install.
Here is another installment of another great Hybrid for you. Please feel free to download and enjoy! I must apologize for being delayed on the forum if there are any questions that need to be answered. This is a 517/553/586/591 Hybrid. Enjoy !Driphter.com - Seanren78 95xx v8.5
I read that Opera Mini was much faster browsing internet comparing to the default bb browser.i run opera mini Beta 5.2 but is by far more slow that browsing with the BB default internet browser...Which is the best and faster internet browser for BB storm2 - 9520??i´m running the .497