May 21, 2010
I have tried and tried, but can't get Media Sync to find my BB Curve.Desktop Manager can find my BB - and it says it's working & connected, but when I launch Media Sync, after 3 mins of searching, it says "Please connect a BB device".
View 6 Replies
I have tried without launching DTM - i.e. launching Media Sync on its own.I have tried all variations of restarts, of both BB and laptop AND removing the battery at all sorts of stages in the process. No joy.
I don't see a drive on Windows Explorer with my BB however.I'm running Windows Vista, SP1.
1. Device model number: 8520
2. carrier or mobile provider: Virgin Mobile
3. OS release v 220.127.116.112
1) I downloaded Desktop Manager from the CD and then updated it automatically.
2) I then followed some detailed instructions from this forum elsewhere and totally removed every trace of it (including regedit entries).
3) I downloaded a clean copy of the latest DTM from BB website
4) I then updated the Curve OS software - now on version 5.01 (and yes, like everyone I prefered the old style of key locking!)
5) I also replaced the USB cable since that seemed to provoke a constant cycle of reboots on my BB - this was an earlier problem that a different cable fixed,