After setting location based reminders the locations that I used for the reminders stay in the drop down box on the map/location page. I have 10 locations stored there and I only used the app twice. Some of the location data I didn't even enter. At some point I will have hundreds of these past reminder locations stored up which will make the app difficult to use. I would like to know how to delete the location history to prevent a useless list from forming.Â
Is there a reason to why Siri can list my call history perfectly, but when I ask him when my last call with -insert name- was, it always says that I had a call from -insert name- yesterday, but when in fact it was today that I received my last call.Â
Basically chrome as you all know came uninstalled on my device, meaning that without root, I cant uninstall it. In chrome, If I navigate to the chrome history page, there is a button at the bottom which says "Clear Browsing Data...". If I click on that and tick all the checkboxes, upon clicking clean, it appears to work. chrome://cache is empty.
However, if I then navigate back to history, all my websites are still listed, the history hasn't been removed. I have tried uninstalling the updates and it happens both in V35 &V36 of the chrome browser. The only way I have found to remove the history is to go to the app info in the settings app and click clear cache.
Can anyone tell me if you can clear Google's search history, when I type into the search bar, a drop down appears with previous search queries. I have set my phone history so as not to save visited web pages. I'm due an upgrade and plan to pass on my phone so would like to clear all Google search data.
When I tap the google search bar on my nexus 5 homescreen I get a large white drop down with all my recent searches. Is there a way to clear this history? I have already logged into google.com/history and cleared all history on that site, but it still shows on that drop down.
The ONLY way I am able to get rid of them is by manually holding down EACH result and tapping "remove from search history". Is there a clear all option somewhere?
I have problems clearing Windows Live Messenger (WLM) login history on Blackberry Bold. It seem to be "logged" down and remembers all the hotmail/live live messengers logins. Wonder if there is a way or a new update function on "Clear History" or "Forget Me" for Blackberry WLM?
How do I remove a 'wife' from iPhone. I told Siri that my partner was my wife then I married her and changed her contact details and now Siri thinks I have two wives and asks which one when I ask Siri to call or send a message.
For future reference, please refer to the guide here at iPhone Upgrade Guide. This thread will still be updated for your convenience.
This is for those that have questions about the Upgrade Process for the iPhone on AT&T Wireless. Please put all questions and answers here.
1. Can I use someone else's upgrade? Yes, AT&T will allow you to upgrade any line to receive a new phone. You can then activate that phone on any phone line you like. Apple is able to do this at their stores also, but will take a bit more time since they have to call AT&T first.
2. What about the eligibility dates for using someone else's upgrade? They renew the other person's contract (upgrade), but the iPhone will be activated on your line.
3. What is the pricing structure? Those that are eligible for upgrade or new contracts can buy the iPhone 4 at 199/299 at capacities of 16GB and 32GB, respectively. Early upgrade, which is AT&T allowing you to upgrade at a higher price point because you are not eligible for the best pricing, can purchase the iPhone at 399/499. No-commitment price is 599/699, but a voice and data plan are still required. The entry level iPhone is the 8GB 3GS, which is 99 for upgrade eligible and new customers, 299 for early upgrade, and 499 for no commitment. The 16GB and 32GB 3GS will still be available in store while supplies last.
4. How do I check my upgrade status? Press *639# (*NEW#) on your phone and send it. Your upgrade status will show shortly. Call AT&T Customer Service and ask. Login to your account online and click "Check Upgrade Options."
5. Do I need to bring in my old phone or my sim card to the store? No, the new iPhone will come with a sim card pre-installed. You just need yourself, ID, and payment (preferably a credit/debit card).
6. What about this new microsim that is in the new iPhone? It is basically the same sim you have right now, just smaller. You keep the same number you have currently, unless you are opening a new line. The new microsim will have your current account information updated when the iPhone is activated.
7. Does my name need to be on the contract if I plan on going without the account holder to upgrade? No, you just need the account holder to add you as an authorized user. You also have to be over 18 because you will have to sign the new contract from the upgrade since it is legally-binding. In the past, some Apple stores have not allowed Authorized Contacts to perform the upgrade. But in other cases, they were able to perform the upgrade by providing the last 4 digits of the SSN of the primary account holder. But, it seems like it is different from store to store. However, if you go to an AT&T Corporate Store, you'll be fine as the authorized user.
8. How about corporate discounts? It would be best to head into an AT&T Corporate Store to do this. They have the resources and information to correctly process your discounts. Apple stores do not have the resources to do this. Many users have experienced the problem of having their discounts removed last year, myself included. While it is possible to have the discount re-added after upgrading at Apple, it would be much more convenient to not go through this and just head to an AT&T store.
9. When should I cancel my FAN discount to ensure a smooth process at Apple stores? You can do it anytime up until you purchase the iPhone.
10. What is the iPhone process at AT&T versus Apple Stores? There is relatively little difference between both buying experiences. However, for preorders, AT&T guarantees your phone with your name reserved for it. Apple, on the other hand, just guarantees you a phone for that day only, the day after, the iPhone is up for grabs again. The only difference that is clear is that Apple generally has much much more stock of iPhones than AT&T.
It is known that in the past, AT&T has offered freebies like accessories and even the waiver of activation fees compared to nothing, but maybe T-Shirts or free coffee/food at Apple lines.
11.What is a FAN? Foundation Account Number. Think of it like a group discount for organizations that subscribe to the service.
I have an Individual Responsible FAN - meaning I pay for my own line, but I get a 15% discount on the service. There are also Corporate Responsible FANs, where the company pays for the phones.
12. My upgrade date, sent to me in a message from *639# on my device, is XX/XX/XXXX, can I qualify for an upgrade? AT&T has given its customers a special upgrade option to those that are eligible for up to six months (up to December 2010) from the launch date of June 24. These customers are automatically bumped up and are given the option to upgrade at the 199/299 price. Those that are not eligible can purchase iPhone 4 at the early upgrade price of 399/499.
13. A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on XX/XX/XXXX. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer. What does this mean? That's an early upgrade, which means you pay a bit more than the new customer/eligible people, but less than unsubsidized. That price is 399/499 for the 16GB and 32GB models, respectively. If XXXX is 2010, then you can pay the 199/299 price.
14. How will the new data plans affect me? The new plans will lower the cost of an entry-level voice and data plan for smartphones by $15, to $54.99. Existing users will have the option of sticking with their current plans indefinitely, even if they switch phones.
15. When I upgrade, does it add 2 years to my contract or reset? When you upgrade, your account will reset to two years from that date, not add another two years in addition to what you are left with currently.
16. When can I purchase iPhone 4? Preorders begin June 15. The release of the iPhone will take place on June 24. Those that preorder online have the option of either picking it up in store or having the device shipped to your home or business as early as June 24. Store opening times will be released as the launch date approaches.
17. How many devices can I preorder? AT&T and Apple stores will sell one iPhone 4 per person for new customers, and one device per household for new orders placed online. Existing customers may purchase one per eligible telephone number online or through our stores.
18. How do I activate my device? Customers who order their device through AT&T or Apple and have it shipped directly to their home should follow the instructions included with the shipment. If you’re picking up your device in an AT&T or Apple store, we’ll help you activate it before you leave. Customers performing an exchange for iPhone 4 must activate in an AT&T store.
19. Will my credit card be charged if I preorder? At the point your order is placed, we will authorize the funds to cover your purchase. However, your credit card will not be charged until the order is shipped. Remember to use a credit card as debit cards cannot be used to preorder.
20. When and where can I pickup my preordered device? As always, a pick up date depends on when you preorder and on our available inventory. That said, this year we’re encouraging customers to have devices shipped directly to their home or business – the fastest and most convenient delivery option. Customers can also opt to pick up their preorder at an AT&T or Apple store. Customers performing an exchange for iPhone 4 must have their device shipped to an AT&T store.
21. Can I use a debit card at AT&T to preorder? According to AT&T's press release, customers who want to preorder should use a credit card as debit cards are not allowed to preorder.
AT&T Upgrade Policy Path
First of all, it's not your TOTAL bill that counts to ATT (so many people have family lines...that's why people complain their bills are over $200 but their lines don't qualify).
It's YOUR PRIMARY line that gets you the early 12 month upgrades if you spend more than $100 on voice/data (they exclude text). The secondary lines won't be eligible for upgrades until around month 18, or 21 depending on how much revenue the secondary lines generate (most people have to wait till Feb 2011, assuming they purchased the 3GS in June 2009. I believe you have to spend more than $60 each on your secondary lines if you want it eligible for an upgrade every 18 months. But most people are $10 for extra line plus $30 for data=$40= waiting till Feb 2011 for upgrade.
If you are a single plan only and meet certain plan requirement, ATT is doing you a big favor by moving up your upgrades by up to 6 months earlier.
Here are some examples:
Family Plan 89.99 ($80 for first line plus 9.99 for second line) Plus $30 data for each line Line 1. Purchased iPhone 3GS June 2009=eligible for full subsidy upgrade June 2010 Line 2. Purchased iPhone 3GS June 2009=not eligible for full subsidy upgrade until Feb 2011 Line 3. Purchased iPhone 3GS June 2009=not eligible for full subsidy upgrade until Feb 2011
Single line plan (59.99) plan plus $30 data= Purchased iPhone 3GS in June 2009. Normally you would be eligible for full upgrade in Dec 2010 (18 months) but ATT has been kind to let you upgrade 6 months early so now you are fully eligible.
Single line Plan 39.99 plus $30 for data. Purchased iPhone 3GS in June 2009. You won't be eligible until Feb 2011
Single Line Plan 39.99 plus $30 data. Purchased iPhone 3G in April 2009. Normally they won't be eligible for full subidy upgrade till Dec 2010 but ATT is being kind and moving your full subsidy upgrade to NOW for the new iPhone 4.
So those who are within that 6 months of becoming eligible (eligibility up till Dec 2010) are getting benefits of ATT's early full subsidy they made just for the iPhone.
i have an iphone3gs the other day i went to download an app and apple made me choose 3 security questions, my 1st one was my first ever teacher , my 2nd one was my best childhood friend and i cant remember the third ? how do i change the questions ? and why it suddenly make me do this ?