My phone won't receive any SMS messages from a particular contact. (Just ONE, everyone else works fine.) He can call me and I can call him, and he receives my messages, but I don't get any SMSs he sends me.
Neither of us get any sort of indication as to what happens to the messages after they get sent; they show up for him as being 'sent' but I never get them. Again, he can get my messages, but I just cant get his.
What's odd is that periodically, I CAN receive his text messages again, and the last two times I can recall this has lasted for almost exactly a month, (from the 25th of July to the 25th of August was the most recent working period) before it gets cut again for several more months.
I have contacted 3 (my provider) and they had no idea what the problem was, told me to "reset" my phone (which I have not yet done, however considering it didn't work on another phone, I have doubts) and said it was probably Virgin (my friend's provider); although I suspect Virgin would say it was 3.
I have tried with a different phone (using same SIM card) but it still doesn't work. I have a Sony Ericsson W660i, am with 3 and I'd really like to be able to receive his messages.
As much as I see that the vibrate alert is handy when one carries the mobile in one's pocket there are times when I want to switch it off. One such occasion is Sleeping. I don't put my w660i in my pyjamas pocket in bed. I put it on the table beside the bed. All it wants to do is vibrate off the table when the wake up alarm goes off. Can I deactivate the vibrator for sleep times?
I am using SE W660i, I don't want to display the Date and Time on standby mode. I have search all the options in my phone but failed. Can any body tell me how I can hide my Date and time from the standby screen.
Ok so i decided to try out elf on my w660i, I've gotten as far as re flashing my firmware onto my phone and applying the quick access patch onto my phone using jdflasher. And my phone works perfectly fine when i exit at this point but when i go to apply the two elf patches my phone stops working and the screen just flashes :S Any help would be greatly appreciated
i want to make flash themes and flash files for my w660i.where can i download this Flash Lite?can anyone help me? i converted my own vids into flash (.swf) but to no avail, i cant play them in my phone.i have Macromedia Flash 8, but i dont know how to save it to play in my phone.
I just downloaded Elm's white paper and i see something unique J10 are available according to the whitepaper and the differences is J10 (Without A-GPS, Wi-Fi™. With video call camera on display side.) I really would like to know is this true cause i have never heard of J10 in the market.
I'm going to get my upgrade tomorrow while in town but haven't decided on a Handset, I would wait but the joystick on my k810i has given up on going down or left. I'm with T-Mobile (www.t-mobile.co.uk) but they just don't seem to offer much that imo is worth getting, if you guys were in my situation which handset would you get and why, I use my Phone mainly for:
As I scan through the hole site, there isn't a single post about the z series let alone, how to flash them. I have a Z610i and no one seems to care about the phones existence! There is No Z610i in Belgium released. Only Asian areas.
Having sold my C905 on because of the various build quality niggles, I'm now the owner of a Nokia N82. Having never used an S60 device before, it's been quite a change. Suffering the disability of being male and therefore not reading any useful User Manuals for anything I own, it was tricky to get things the way I like them on the phone. S60 has it advantages, but there are many things I've found which the interface did so well, the N82 just can't do. Now, this list is pathetic. Nitpicking. I know this. But it's these little things that make all the difference to me. Things that on an would take a couple of seconds, I've found on S60 can take forever.
1. Thumbnail Viewing in File Manager Seems like such a little thing to be annoyed about, but I used the File Manager on 's like a Photo Album, and organized all my pictures in folders. It gave me instant access to the pictures I want, and I could see them all in a little list of thumbnails, making browsing my pictures very pleasant. In the end I had to buy Resco Photo Viewer, which presents everything just like the interface. The S60 doesn't show thumbnails at all in File Manager. The only way to see them like that is in the Gallery, where it does the really annoying thing of collecting all pictures and dumping them in one folder. When it comes to organising my stuff, I don't want it all over the place, it has to be neat! You get the option to create albums here, but that means creating new folders and copy and pasting them all in using just the phone. I have about 200 pics, so that's not going to happen., especially as:
2. Mark/Unmark Where is Mark All? It does not exist! You can't just Mark All files and transfer them. You have to mark one at a time, and that can take forever if you have a few. Especially as you can't view the thumbnails off them first. So you use Gallery. Which can take forever as I forget which ones are marked, as the little red tick is so small it makes an Atom seem roomy. Seems like such a dumb oversight.
3. Music Player It's okay. But because of the very nature of S60, you have to open and close the app all the time. For example: If I have it on in my car through the Bluetooth Stereo, I have to open the Music Player manually myself first before I can control it remotely. With you had control over music the moment the Stereo came on. Plus, when I turn the stereo off, I have to remember to STOP the music myself first, otherwise it just carries on booming out from the phone! phones stop the moment the stereo does which was great. So if I forget, that means more taking the phone out of my pocket, unlock keypad, open application, stop music, hide application, lock keypad.
4. Ringtones Oh. My. God. How annoying is it to change message tones? I have a folder with about 80 of the things, and I use to like changing them all the time. With all I had to was go to the file, Options> Set as> Message Tone. Done. Easy. About 10 seconds max. With the Nokia, I have to go into the Personalisation>Tones, which is easy enough, but then when you want to change the tone, it presents you with a list of all 400 music files on my phone!!!!! You have to scroll up and down to find the file you want with a tiny little menu. It takes about 5 minutes to change the message tone, so I've had to give up and just settle for one for now. Why not give you the option when you're next to the file? All it lets you do is set a file as the Ringing Tone and nothing else. No Message Tone, no Alarm Tone, nothing.
5. The Alarm Clock Snooze, snooze, snooze. I use it all the time in the morning. So how do I activate it when I'm half asleep? With ONE BUTTON on the bloody side! How can I find the flush hang up key when I have my eyes closed and not even properly awake yet? How did the C905 do it? Any bloody key you want and that's very handy. I tried the Flip Silent app, which puts the phone on snooze by just turning it over, but even that only works the first time (I want more snoozes!)
6. Camera Now the camera is very good. Xenon flash is powerful, and the picture quality is great. Plus, the VGA Video Recording is superb but Shortcut Keys. They exist not. Every setting has to be set using the main key. That is very tiresome and slow. At least the Cybershot phones had shortcuts on the keypad and they worked a treat. Anyway, that felt good to get off my chest! I'm sad I know, but I don't care! The Nokia N82 has many advantages as well of course, like the Shortcuts in Standby Mode, excellent Video Capture, and things like the Settings Wizard which set up my email, Internet and Picture Messaging by itself in seconds. That was great.
Well my Upgrade is due at the end of the month so I thought where better then Esato to ask for ideas and advice on which handsets to take a look at. I'm with T-Mobile UK at the moment and have employee discount so if we could stick to handsets on T-Mobile that would be best but I would be open to change networks if need be. At present I have a Black Berry Pearl 8120 and the only let down to the phone has been the camera, aside from that most of its features seem useful and get lots of use in my D2D life.
I bought the Zylo almost two months ago and I'm already having a problem with it. First of all, I can't hear a call from the handset itself, I have to speak from the speaker. Which is very inconvenient. The Service centre was not very helpful. He said check up from so and so date to check when the spares come in.i have to wait till the store opens and then call up and check when my phone can be repaired. Second problem that cropped up today is that my menu button does not work when the slide is open. My software is up-to-date as I updates it two days ago. Also I find the battery life very weak, isn't this supposed to be a walkman phone? I am outraged to find such problems with an SE phone so early into use. This has never been manhandled, why the problem then?
please somebody tell me how to use pc internet connection on handset via bluetooth. I have done with data cable and it worked real fine but when i tried via bluetooth its just not happening. i've downloaded the required softwares (minibrowser, list.bat, etc) but dunno how to connect the handset via bluetooth in the connection proxy, like which com to select if i want to use Bluetooth.