Sony Ericsson :: K800i - How To Disable Internet Button?
Mar 4, 2007
On my last 2 K800i's the internet button had to be pressed an held for a connection on the WAP, but on my new K800i all it takes is a little tap and I'm connected! Is there a way of disableing this button? I'd rather connect through the main menu anyway.
I took a K800i phone apart to fix it, achieved the fix, and put it back together again.Now the power button (not the rubber bit you touch but the tiny button underneath it) has well gone!I can't figure out whether it's fallen out, snapped off, been pressed to hard into the unit or what.Thing is, this is the 4th time I've managed to do this with 4 separate phones and want to learn how to (a) avoid the problem and (b) ideally fix it.Can anyone give me any advice on this?
I have a problem with my K800i. The camera button is not functioning. It functions still but ones in a blue moon...Could anyone here tell how it can be fixed? and for an intance, if the phone is in macro mode and I would press the camera button,the signal red light is working but it does not continue to take the shot,it just ends there,having the red light..[ This Message was edited by: Has0n on 2009-03-25 08:12 ]
I took apart my phone today to change the housing. When I put the phone back together, I noticed that the power button was a little odd. So I try to power on the phone but the button seems to be sinking down. The button's there but I just can't access the button with my finger. I can't power it on with a pen either. I managed to power up the phone via power adapter but now I noticed I cannot hear anything. Whenever I make calls, I could talk but I cannot hear anything from the other side. Can someone help me? I broke off a little clip on this part. Would that be a huge factor?
I have this friend's k800i wherein when he press the button the camera focuses (Theres the green light) but does not save when pushes all the way. He tried everything like pushing it harder but nothing happens. What could be the reason. K800i-R8BF003 CID 53
Is it possible to connect on internet using WLAN connection? I have k800i. If it possible how to do that or is there any program or software which will let me to connect on internet using WLAN connection
I've occasionally pulled the 760 out of my pocket to find it's been surfing the net due to the ATT logo button on the lower left front panel inadvertently getting pressed. Can this button be disabled or programmed for another function so this can't happen (it's so easy to do)? I know I can completely turn off the phone, but I was hoping there was another way of dealing with it. Otherwise, it's a really nice phone.
The camera button on the right of the phone turns on the camera anytime it is pressed, when i am in the messaging environment. This is particularly irritatin when I am writing text messages since the top of my hand accidently presses the button, and the camera is activated (and asks me to move open the lens cover). so i have to press the back button to go back to the message i was composing. is there anyway to deactive this. Also, probably an extremely dumb question, but can you explain what you are refering to when you mention "activity buttons"?
New trick. So, Internet button can be "Push-To-Music","Push-To-Video" or "Push-To-Picture". Just create new bookmark (menu->Internet services->right button->go to->bookmarks->New bookmark.)address: Mobile Memory: (tested on w550i) file://usb/audio/song.mp3 or MP4, OGG...for ONE SONG....file://usb/video/video.3gp or MP4 for video and file://usb/pictures/picture.jpg or gif...(file://usb/PICTURES-THIS IS ON MY W550I, on w900i is file://usb/image/...) CARD: (tested on w900i.thanx to KejmlRX8 from semania.cz forum) file:///card/MSSEMC/Media%20files/image/image.jpg... file:///card/MSSEMC/Media%20files/audio/song.mp3...(mid too) file:///card/MSSEMC/Media%20files/video/video.3gp...
Now just this bookmark set as home page and push Internet button.
My K800i turns itself off every (est.) 10 seconds after I turn it on. I tried taking the mem.card off & changing the batt but it didn't solve the prob.I used the master reset(all setting) but it wasn't successful because at the midst of the procedure, it turned off.Now whenever I turn it on, it only says "please wait" (probably because of the reset I did) but it would not continue even if I wait for a couple of hours.I tried updating it with Update Service but it failed. I tried several times and same things happened.
Does anyone know why the icons on my K800i are different to those on my mates K800i? Mine are boring and dull and his are full of colour and flash. Is it possible to update them? I have tried the SE update site but no joy.
I asked this on another thread earlier but thought maybe it was in the wrond place so decided to start my own topic.My 3 nokia phone broke so i bought a mates Sony K800i as i wasnt due for a new phone yet and had lots of time left on my 3 contract. The K800i works good apart from i cant find out how to connect to the Planet3 function. I find Planet3 usefull for the free browsing anfd checking my usage and stuff so would like to get it on the k800i of possible?The K800i is unlocked but wasnt a 3 mobile phone origianally if that makes a differance. I tried to find some info on this and it seems that maybe new firmware is needed? Anyone willing to give me a simpletons guide to sorting this problem out?
I have a k800i - branded to UK operator Three and I need it to accept my vodafone contract sim as my contract phone died!I've been searching and searching trying to find out how to de-brand the phone so that I can use any sim in it but I'm really, really confused as to how I need to do it, can someone explain it to me in english? I've seen this post on this site here: http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=98987 And it's asking me to download firmware, FS firmware, XS++ V2.0 and flash drivers. I have no idea what they are or where to get them from. Can anyone help, please? I'm desperate for a phone!
I have this major problem. I have a virus on my phone. Its not causing any problems with my phone, but with my pc. The virus copies itself to anything that has memory.
I use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet. So even if I remove the virus from my pc, the virus copies itself from the phone to the hard drive as soon as I want to connect to the net. I tried to format my M2 card and master reset my phone, the virus doesn't seem to disappear.
The only thing I can think of now is reflash, but I don't know. Plus here aren't any Sony Ericsson dealers that can do it for me. So I was hoping that one of you guys can explain it to me if that possible.
1. I can see the long press shortcut assignment, but when i long press, i cant open the assigned shortcut I just copied the .vkp file. should i do some thing else ? 2. And "Privacy_V3Fix_K800_R8BF.vkp" is good tried the "confidentiality.vkp" but for some reason i get mismatch error. 3. Can't the MASTER RESET be password protected ? i can patch my mobile And what is ELF ? and VKP ? are they two different ? k800i photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/firozmohammad/My k800i stuff: http://firoz3321.4shared.com/
15:16:30| XS++ v3.1 (Darwin) Ready !15:16:30| Executed on Microsoft Windows XP15:17:54| 15:17:54| Attempting to open the interface...15:17:54| 15:17:54| TURN OFF PHONE!15:17:54| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.15:17:54| You have 30 seconds...15:17:54| 15:17:54| Baseband ID: 990015:17:54| Protocol Version: 3.115:17:55| Warning: IMEI name does not match GDFS name (IMEI:NULL GDFS:K800)15:17:55| ...using GDFS name15:17:55| 15:17:55| Profiling SEMC phone...15:17:55| Platform: DB202015:17:55| OTP CID: 5115:17:55| EROM CID: 5315:17:55| EROM Color: Red15:17:55| IMEI: 35427102xxxxxx15:17:55| Phone ID: K80015:17:55| Region: EUROPE_215:17:55| CDA: CDA102568/11 R8A15:17:55| Firmware Version: R8BF00315:17:55| EROM: R3A02215:17:55| Ready for operation!15:18:46| Sorry, your phone is NOT SUPPORTED15:18:46| Error: Failed to send CSLoader!15:18:46| FSX Shutdown!15:18:48| Disconnected... Unplug the phone
1. What I need to do before I start modding my phone software to make sure not to demage my phone permanently, is there a backup of the software that uses my phone, or something?
2. I tried to replace turkish lng and t9 file with my native language (serbian) from Tripov language pack, using JDFlasher. The phone language works perfectly, but writing not. When I enter the writing dialog box, screen turns to white and phone restarts. After that I copied tr.lng and tr.t9 from Tripov to phone, and the situation stayed the same. After doing master reset, turkish disappeared from the writing languages menu. I don't care about turkish language I lost. I never use it. I want to ask how to install serbian t9 to my phone, without damaging it, and make it works?
3. How to ridd off Sony Ericsson links from the file manager and preinstalled java apps, pics, etc.
4. Is it safe to remove shutdown video, and how to do that?
5. I heard a lot about modded acustic and camera dravers, but I know nothing in particular. I'm looking for camera mod that gives the clear pictures. I mean the mod rises overall picture quality, NOT the one which will heavy postprocess the picture (e.g. Like in Nokia N73). I am skilled enough to do it myself. I don't care about rising the video quality, I almost never use video. And I'm also looking for the acustic mod that rises overall sound quality (not volume), if there's any. Well every suggestion about the modded drivers is welcome.
6. Is it possible to replace the bookmarks list, that appears after clickig the right soft key with contacts list or with the java apps list? Also, is it possible to make another tabed menu that will appear by clicking left soft key, homepage is useless to me.
7. Is it possible to disable animations in user interface. I really hate it.
8. Is it possible to replace the music player with the some from the any W phone?