I flashed my K800i and ever since the signal icon in the upper left is different now. Instead of just displaying the bars like it did before, it's now inside of a box which is really ugly and bright blue.
Since I am a nub at this, I was wondering if this problem could be fixed if I flashed to a more updated firmware. I've tried using different themes but that does not seem to work.
I often heard K800i but is it possible to change it to some Walkman Series? If Yes, then which would be best? k800i photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/firozmohammad/My k800i stuff: http://firoz3321.4shared.com/
My K800i turns itself off every (est.) 10 seconds after I turn it on. I tried taking the mem.card off & changing the batt but it didn't solve the prob.I used the master reset(all setting) but it wasn't successful because at the midst of the procedure, it turned off.Now whenever I turn it on, it only says "please wait" (probably because of the reset I did) but it would not continue even if I wait for a couple of hours.I tried updating it with Update Service but it failed. I tried several times and same things happened.
Does anyone know why the icons on my K800i are different to those on my mates K800i? Mine are boring and dull and his are full of colour and flash. Is it possible to update them? I have tried the SE update site but no joy.
I asked this on another thread earlier but thought maybe it was in the wrond place so decided to start my own topic.My 3 nokia phone broke so i bought a mates Sony K800i as i wasnt due for a new phone yet and had lots of time left on my 3 contract. The K800i works good apart from i cant find out how to connect to the Planet3 function. I find Planet3 usefull for the free browsing anfd checking my usage and stuff so would like to get it on the k800i of possible?The K800i is unlocked but wasnt a 3 mobile phone origianally if that makes a differance. I tried to find some info on this and it seems that maybe new firmware is needed? Anyone willing to give me a simpletons guide to sorting this problem out?
I have a k800i - branded to UK operator Three and I need it to accept my vodafone contract sim as my contract phone died!I've been searching and searching trying to find out how to de-brand the phone so that I can use any sim in it but I'm really, really confused as to how I need to do it, can someone explain it to me in english? I've seen this post on this site here: http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=98987 And it's asking me to download firmware, FS firmware, XS++ V2.0 and flash drivers. I have no idea what they are or where to get them from. Can anyone help, please? I'm desperate for a phone!
I have this major problem. I have a virus on my phone. Its not causing any problems with my phone, but with my pc. The virus copies itself to anything that has memory.
I use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet. So even if I remove the virus from my pc, the virus copies itself from the phone to the hard drive as soon as I want to connect to the net. I tried to format my M2 card and master reset my phone, the virus doesn't seem to disappear.
The only thing I can think of now is reflash, but I don't know. Plus here aren't any Sony Ericsson dealers that can do it for me. So I was hoping that one of you guys can explain it to me if that possible.
1. I can see the long press shortcut assignment, but when i long press, i cant open the assigned shortcut I just copied the .vkp file. should i do some thing else ? 2. And "Privacy_V3Fix_K800_R8BF.vkp" is good tried the "confidentiality.vkp" but for some reason i get mismatch error. 3. Can't the MASTER RESET be password protected ? i can patch my mobile And what is ELF ? and VKP ? are they two different ? k800i photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/firozmohammad/My k800i stuff: http://firoz3321.4shared.com/
15:16:30| XS++ v3.1 (Darwin) Ready !15:16:30| Executed on Microsoft Windows XP15:17:54| 15:17:54| Attempting to open the interface...15:17:54| 15:17:54| TURN OFF PHONE!15:17:54| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.15:17:54| You have 30 seconds...15:17:54| 15:17:54| Baseband ID: 990015:17:54| Protocol Version: 3.115:17:55| Warning: IMEI name does not match GDFS name (IMEI:NULL GDFS:K800)15:17:55| ...using GDFS name15:17:55| 15:17:55| Profiling SEMC phone...15:17:55| Platform: DB202015:17:55| OTP CID: 5115:17:55| EROM CID: 5315:17:55| EROM Color: Red15:17:55| IMEI: 35427102xxxxxx15:17:55| Phone ID: K80015:17:55| Region: EUROPE_215:17:55| CDA: CDA102568/11 R8A15:17:55| Firmware Version: R8BF00315:17:55| EROM: R3A02215:17:55| Ready for operation!15:18:46| Sorry, your phone is NOT SUPPORTED15:18:46| Error: Failed to send CSLoader!15:18:46| FSX Shutdown!15:18:48| Disconnected... Unplug the phone
1. What I need to do before I start modding my phone software to make sure not to demage my phone permanently, is there a backup of the software that uses my phone, or something?
2. I tried to replace turkish lng and t9 file with my native language (serbian) from Tripov language pack, using JDFlasher. The phone language works perfectly, but writing not. When I enter the writing dialog box, screen turns to white and phone restarts. After that I copied tr.lng and tr.t9 from Tripov to phone, and the situation stayed the same. After doing master reset, turkish disappeared from the writing languages menu. I don't care about turkish language I lost. I never use it. I want to ask how to install serbian t9 to my phone, without damaging it, and make it works?
3. How to ridd off Sony Ericsson links from the file manager and preinstalled java apps, pics, etc.
4. Is it safe to remove shutdown video, and how to do that?
5. I heard a lot about modded acustic and camera dravers, but I know nothing in particular. I'm looking for camera mod that gives the clear pictures. I mean the mod rises overall picture quality, NOT the one which will heavy postprocess the picture (e.g. Like in Nokia N73). I am skilled enough to do it myself. I don't care about rising the video quality, I almost never use video. And I'm also looking for the acustic mod that rises overall sound quality (not volume), if there's any. Well every suggestion about the modded drivers is welcome.
6. Is it possible to replace the bookmarks list, that appears after clickig the right soft key with contacts list or with the java apps list? Also, is it possible to make another tabed menu that will appear by clicking left soft key, homepage is useless to me.
7. Is it possible to disable animations in user interface. I really hate it.
8. Is it possible to replace the music player with the some from the any W phone?
I got sony ericsson k800i which was working but call end button was not working so i opened the phone and cleaned all the dust.. after closing it switched on.. when i inserted sim and tried to switch ON ... it doesnt switch on but a red light shows on side... so i tried to flash the phone using SE lite.. after pressing the key button "C" it doesnt detect the phone ... is there any way to bring my phone into live...
I've just purchased a new housing for my K800i because recently the strap came loose when i was walking and it flew off. The original housing is messed up badly so i got a few questions to ask about cnn.cn. Are their housings from the original manufacture? And has anyone dealth with this site before?
okay, I am looking for a few things,I am in Australia, and I have a Telstra Branded phone,I am searching for the latest UNBRANDED firmware (for australia, asia pacific or generic)and a utility to preform the flash with.it would also be good if there was some utility (similar to PKTools) that enabled me to access the phone memory.
I really want the allure brown, so I'm planning to change the whole housing, which includes front, middle, and back plate, and with the LCD lens and keypad change. From what I've read so far, this site seems to be good: GSM4WORLD. What do you guys think? Are their stuff actually authentic parts or extremely good after markets? If they're not good, what other place will you suggest I make a purchase from?
I recently flashed my k800i firmware to R1ED001, and its okay i dont have any major complaints except the red and green phone buttons have nothing to do with calling anyone, and when the screen turns off after a while you cant reactivate the phone by pressing on the joy stick. it only turns on when you press any other button.
My question, is there any other firmware for this phone that is a little different, or better, without having to sacrifice any features.
Ever get this problem where you take a picture, then delete it, then take another picture, and keep it. later when you go to look at the picture, its some how meshed into the photo that you deleted earlier, and looks deformed (but the thumbnail shows its fine. oh and i just remembered, sometimes when your looking at pics, it wont load the picture all the way, you know how it takes some time and it clarifies the pic, well sometimes it doesnt.
I am very new to debranding, and i have no idea what to do and which files i need and where to get them. I have a k800i on three. If someone would plz post a step by step guide, with direct links to the files i need.
I am getting no sound from the speaker on my k800i. I can not hear ringtones, or music. The sound does work on the ear phones, and the phone is not in silent mode. The volume is set high. I can hear the voice of other callers. Any ideas?