Sony Ericsson :: K800i Battery Not Charging?
Last night i put my 4 month old silver K800i on charge. Now it normally only takes around an hour to fully charge. Anyway 5 hours later i woke up and went to up plug it. But it was still charging and was no way near full. I then unplugged it and switched it off and took battery out. Then after much messing about its now normal again and has charged to 100%. But my question and worry is could this be either the start of my phones software going funny or could it be a battery or charging problem. Im asking cos im concerned it might happen again. Why does this happen. I know Sony Ericsson phones are very fast at charging and never ever takes 5 hours and not fully charge.
View 5 Replies (Posted: Oct 10, 2008)
Related Forum Messages For Mobiles category:
Sony Ericsson :: K800i Ph Battery Completely Drained Out Overnight?
A while ago I updated my K800i firmware using the SEUS to the latest officially available firmware. A mistake, I know, because of the CID 53 thing -- but back then I didn't know about it yet. Ever since, I've had problems with its battery life. Namely, whenever I use the cable connection with a PC (for transferring files etc.), the phone's battery will be completely drained out overnight. That is, I turn the phone off in the evening, and in the morning I'm unable to turn it back on, until I connect it to the charger and let it charge for about a minute (pressing the right side button will show about only a few percent of the battery). If I don't use the cable connection during the day, the phone can be turned on normally the next morning.
Upon describing the symptoms, the official SE support coldly replied that I should take the unit to the nearest service repair. I was hoping they would take it as a bug report and issue a patch or something (as I had absolutely no problems with the battery before the update). I also tried to turn off the charge-while-connected-to-USB feature in the secret service menu (I thought it might have something to do with it), but the symptoms remained. Is there anything at all I can do at this point (apart from either not using the cable or not turning the phone off)? Its current firmware version is R8BF003, and before that I had the default one (not sure which one, it was from around March 2007 or so).
Posted: Jun 11, 2009
View 3 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: C905 - Brand New Phone Not Charging / Use Original Battery
Symptoms: Phone wont charge. right off the box. Says "Battery cannot be charged, please use a Sony Ericsson Battery". It is a Sony Ericsson battery. It is a Sony Ericsson charger. Everything came out of the box.
I just opened it, and first thing I did was plug it into the wall. Now, I have installed the update service, tells me phone is up to date (downloaded straight from sonyericsson.com). I have installed Phone suite 6.01; tried a repair phone, aborts with an error when it comes to the update service (right after the remove batery, press C while connecting phone part). Also same thing with car charger.
Posted: Oct 26, 2010
View 1 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: C902 - Little Space Between Housing And Battery Charging Port
1) I saw a C902 and u know charging port there is a little space between the housing and the charging port does all C902 have this space u can see the lite from keypad through this space and u can easily put a paper in it I think. Now I am wondering will this space do any damage to the charging port when I take out the charger or headphone connector. I mean I have a k800 and when I see the charging port it is well packed u cant see in.
2) When I connected the head phone to the phone it sounded okey but when I removed it I heard a sound that I haven't heard in my k800 or w890i some strange low sound does all C902 have this strange sound.
3) Can some one take a picture of the C902 charging port using a good cam (like k800 in macro mode ) so I can see how their charging port are? I have tried Internet but can not good picture.
Posted: Aug 9, 2008
View 4 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i Kept On Turning Off By Itself
My K800i turns itself off every (est.) 10 seconds after I turn it on. I tried taking the mem.card off & changing the batt but it didn't solve the prob.I used the master reset(all setting) but it wasn't successful because at the midst of the procedure, it turned off.Now whenever I turn it on, it only says "please wait" (probably because of the reset I did) but it would not continue even if I wait for a couple of hours.I tried updating it with Update Service but it failed. I tried several times and same things happened.
Posted: Jun 21, 2010
View 3 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i Getting Planet 3
I asked this on another thread earlier but thought maybe it was in the wrond place so decided to start my own topic.My 3 nokia phone broke so i bought a mates Sony K800i as i wasnt due for a new phone yet and had lots of time left on my 3 contract. The K800i works good apart from i cant find out how to connect to the Planet3 function. I find Planet3 usefull for the free browsing anfd checking my usage and stuff so would like to get it on the k800i of possible?The K800i is unlocked but wasnt a 3 mobile phone origianally if that makes a differance. I tried to find some info on this and it seems that maybe new firmware is needed? Anyone willing to give me a simpletons guide to sorting this problem out?
Posted: Oct 16, 2008
View 9 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i - Can It Be Unlocked?
I have a k800i - branded to UK operator Three and I need it to accept my vodafone contract sim as my contract phone died!I've been searching and searching trying to find out how to de-brand the phone so that I can use any sim in it but I'm really, really confused as to how I need to do it, can someone explain it to me in english? I've seen this post on this site here: http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=98987 And it's asking me to download firmware, FS firmware, XS++ V2.0 and flash drivers. I have no idea what they are or where to get them from. Can anyone help, please? I'm desperate for a phone!
Posted: Nov 11, 2008
View 11 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i - Virus
I have this major problem. I have a virus on my phone. Its not causing any problems with my phone, but with my pc. The virus copies itself to anything that has memory.
I use my phone as a modem to connect to the internet. So even if I remove the virus from my pc, the virus copies itself from the phone to the hard drive as soon as I want to connect to the net. I tried to format my M2 card and master reset my phone, the virus doesn't seem to disappear.
The only thing I can think of now is reflash, but I don't know. Plus here aren't any Sony Ericsson dealers that can do it for me. So I was hoping that one of you guys can explain it to me if that possible.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008
View 14 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i How To Use Additional_shortcuts.vkp
1. I can see the long press shortcut assignment, but when i long press, i cant open the assigned shortcut I just copied the .vkp file. should i do some thing else ?
2. And "Privacy_V3Fix_K800_R8BF.vkp" is good tried the "confidentiality.vkp" but for some reason i get mismatch error.
3. Can't the MASTER RESET be password protected ? i can patch my mobile And what is ELF ? and VKP ? are they two different ? k800i photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/firozmohammad/My k800i stuff: http://firoz3321.4shared.com/
Posted: Jan 4, 2009
View 4 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i - Modding
I have this software on my K800i:
15:16:30| XS++ v3.1 (Darwin) Ready !15:16:30| Executed on Microsoft Windows XP15:17:54| 15:17:54| Attempting to open the interface...15:17:54| 15:17:54| TURN OFF PHONE!15:17:54| Hold 'C' button on phone and connect phone NOW.15:17:54| You have 30 seconds...15:17:54| 15:17:54| Baseband ID: 990015:17:54| Protocol Version: 3.115:17:55| Warning: IMEI name does not match GDFS name (IMEI:NULL GDFS:K800)15:17:55| ...using GDFS name15:17:55| 15:17:55| Profiling SEMC phone...15:17:55| Platform: DB202015:17:55| OTP CID: 5115:17:55| EROM CID: 5315:17:55| EROM Color: Red15:17:55| IMEI: 35427102xxxxxx15:17:55| Phone ID: K80015:17:55| Region: EUROPE_215:17:55| CDA: CDA102568/11 R8A15:17:55| Firmware Version: R8BF00315:17:55| EROM: R3A02215:17:55| Ready for operation!15:18:46| Sorry, your phone is NOT SUPPORTED15:18:46| Error: Failed to send CSLoader!15:18:46| FSX Shutdown!15:18:48| Disconnected... Unplug the phone
1. What I need to do before I start modding my phone software to make sure not to demage my phone permanently, is there a backup of the software that uses my phone, or something?
2. I tried to replace turkish lng and t9 file with my native language (serbian) from Tripov language pack, using JDFlasher. The phone language works perfectly, but writing not. When I enter the writing dialog box, screen turns to white and phone restarts. After that I copied tr.lng and tr.t9 from Tripov to phone, and the situation stayed the same. After doing master reset, turkish disappeared from the writing languages menu. I don't care about turkish language I lost. I never use it. I want to ask how to install serbian t9 to my phone, without damaging it, and make it works?
3. How to ridd off Sony Ericsson links from the file manager and preinstalled java apps, pics, etc.
4. Is it safe to remove shutdown video, and how to do that?
5. I heard a lot about modded acustic and camera dravers, but I know nothing in particular. I'm looking for camera mod that gives the clear pictures. I mean the mod rises overall picture quality, NOT the one which will heavy postprocess the picture (e.g. Like in Nokia N73). I am skilled enough to do it myself. I don't care about rising the video quality, I almost never use video. And I'm also looking for the acustic mod that rises overall sound quality (not volume), if there's any. Well every suggestion about the modded drivers is welcome.
6. Is it possible to replace the bookmarks list, that appears after clickig the right soft key with contacts list or with the java apps list? Also, is it possible to make another tabed menu that will appear by clicking left soft key, homepage is useless to me.
7. Is it possible to disable animations in user interface. I really hate it.
8. Is it possible to replace the music player with the some from the any W phone?
Posted: Feb 13, 2009
View 2 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: Can't Flash SE K800i?
I got sony ericsson k800i which was working but call end button was not working so i opened the phone and cleaned all the dust.. after closing it switched on.. when i inserted sim and tried to switch ON ... it doesnt switch on but a red light shows on side... so i tried to flash the phone using SE lite.. after pressing the key button "C" it doesnt detect the phone ... is there any way to bring my phone into live...
Posted: Nov 30, 2009
View 5 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i - Cnn.cn Housings
I've just purchased a new housing for my K800i because recently the strap came loose when i was walking and it flew off. The original housing is messed up badly so i got a few questions to ask about cnn.cn. Are their housings from the original manufacture? And has anyone dealth with this site before?
Posted: May 5, 2007
View 14 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i How To UnBrand It?
okay, I am looking for a few things,I am in Australia, and I have a Telstra Branded phone,I am searching for the latest UNBRANDED firmware (for australia, asia pacific or generic)and a utility to preform the flash with.it would also be good if there was some utility (similar to PKTools) that enabled me to access the phone memory.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007
View 1 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i Housing
I really want the allure brown, so I'm planning to change the whole housing, which includes front, middle, and back plate, and with the LCD lens and keypad change. From what I've read so far, this site seems to be good: GSM4WORLD. What do you guys think? Are their stuff actually authentic parts or extremely good after markets? If they're not good, what other place will you suggest I make a purchase from?
Posted: Dec 13, 2007
View 6 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: K800i - Firmware
I recently flashed my k800i firmware to R1ED001, and its okay i dont have any major complaints except the red and green phone buttons have nothing to do with calling anyone, and when the screen turns off after a while you cant reactivate the phone by pressing on the joy stick. it only turns on when you press any other button.
My question, is there any other firmware for this phone that is a little different, or better, without having to sacrifice any features.
Ever get this problem where you take a picture, then delete it, then take another picture, and keep it. later when you go to look at the picture, its some how meshed into the photo that you deleted earlier, and looks deformed (but the thumbnail shows its fine. oh and i just remembered, sometimes when your looking at pics, it wont load the picture all the way, you know how it takes some time and it clarifies the pic, well sometimes it doesnt.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008
View 15 Replies!
Sony Ericsson :: T610 / "Charging Battery" Indicator / "Red Light" On Joystick Appear
I'm having this strange problem with my old T610. While the phone is off, When i plug in the charger the "charging battery" indicator and the "Red light" on joystick appear, but within few milliseconds the display goes off (red light remains on) and the charging process restarts. This happens continuously until I unplug the charger. When the charger is plugged while the phone is turned on "Optimized charging" message appears but the "charging indicator" stays on current battery level.
Posted: Sep 11, 2010
View 4 Replies!