Just got the Nokia 5800XM today and I'm excited to try everything including the WLAN. I use MAC address filtering on my router so need the MAC address of the phone so I can add it to the access list. Does anyone know how I can find it?
Why I can't see anyway where to downloads my European & American maps with Snow Leopard. I'll explain better: I downloaded and installed ovi maps online, I installed nokia multimedia transfer, as I transfer music, photo. Why am I having problems finding the Map Loader? there is nowhere. I Have a Nokia 5800 Xpress Music that works well, maps apart, i can't navigate anywhere without maps!
I am having problems with my Nokia 5800. When I try to make a call it comes up as "Connection error", therefore I cannot make any calls. Also when people are ringing me, they get my voicemail straight away. (and that is even in the case of where I have full reception on my phone). Plus today I have tried to connect by bluetooth to another phone. My Nokia 5800 cannot find any devices at all, whereas the other phone can find my Nokia.
I enter a contact's address diligently into each entry field but when I browse that contact later, the whole address is cramped into one field: Address 1 leaving the rest of the entry fields blank. When I do a Find Location (for getting directions) on BB MAPS and enter that contact name, I get errors like 'location not found' or something about the my "search request contains an unsupported character".
When I re-arrange that contact's address back into each entry field, save it then use BB maps to find that location, it works perfectly and gives me proper directions. So I suspect it has something to do with the address being grouped into Address 1. Then later, when I edit that same contact (to add a Note), I noticed that the whole address is cramped into Address 1 again!!
Does anyone have the email address for nokia care i have just sent my nokia 5800 in for repair ( LCD Screen Fault) and want to email them to ask if they have recieved my phone and documents.I have tried the contact us tab but when i click contact nokia care via email it comes up with a page saying 'expired campaign'
Every time I try to define the email mailbox on my new 5800 I get to the step where I enter my email address, press the green tick and press OK, I then get an information message telling me that my email address has been bookmarked on my browser web page. I cannot get any further. When I go to mailbox settings, it tells me no mailbox is defined although i have typed it in about 6 times now! Why will it not let me get any further?
I have a Nokia 5800 and when i was browsing my internet and i wanted to go another website, so i search and type out the address after that it hang and even when i tried to close the internet it hang too why?
Just got the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and was wondering if anybody knows how to change the address book display.In all my previous Nokia phones I have had the choice of displaying just Names, or Name & Number, but I cannot find any settings that allow me to change this in this phone.It just displays the names.
I bought my 5800 phone in the US. I got the map loader and loaded Ovi Map 3. It was taking a long time to load. I see only US street maps. I cannot find address or see street maps in other countries including Canada. How can I download and add maps from other countries? How can I see what maps I have got in the phone either on the phone or PC? I am traveling soon and would like to resolve it as soon as possible.
I have set up an account on email.nokia.com using my gmail email address, but I get a message 'Invalid e-mail address' when using this address to setup messaging on my phone (5800). I'm using v10.2 of the messaging software and on VirginMobile in Australia (though I've been trying to connect via wifi).
I like my E72 but I have two problems that really annoy me.
1. In the past when ever I would write a new email I would get list of suggested email addresses in the "To" field. For example, if I would was to write the letter S I would get the email address of the people in my address book whose name starts with an S (sam, Sofia etc). for some reason this feature stopped working on my phone and I can't find how to make it work again. if I want to send an email I need to manually write the email address in the "To" field. The auto suggestion feature works perfectly on my wife's phone (an E72 with the same firmware - 22.007) but on my phone it won't suggest email addresses from my contacts.
2. Another problem is that my Gmail that is synced to the phone, through the Nokia Messenger server is locked on "hide emails older than 2 weeks". Now, I have hundreds of emails stored on my phone that dates to February 1st - the day I got the Phone.
Is there a way to delete these emails automatically, without deleting them on the Gmail account itself? It makes my phone really when going through the emails.
I am wondering if someone can help me with the following:
- when I had the iPhone, in their maps all I needed to do was type in a name of a place and it came up. with Nokia maps 2.0 AND 3.0, this happens a fraction of the time. for example, while waiting for my friend to finish with the Germany embassy in Washington, DC, i tried searching for German embassy. First I got 0 hits, then I got the Brazilian embassy, and then I got the Germany embassy in other countries! When I wanted to find a pet store near my home, I typed in pet and again I was either getting addresses no where near me or nothing came up.
- when I enter a specific address it tells me that it cannot find that address.
When I installed the USB cable driver for my 5800 and CA-101D on my main PC all went fine(execept an icon for error on the MTP Device, but all seems to work).
When I install on my laptop Windows keep redetecting the MPT Device over and over (looping forever).It stops when I unplug the cable, but as soon as I pluf the phone back in it starts redetecting the MTP Device again.
I am using N97 mini, i updated the map to OVI free navigation map, but i want to use the navigation without internet conncetion and for that i need to download the map and save it into my device.
But the problem is i cant find the correct link for Map Loader, please suggest and advice, Please check the url befor suggesting it to me because i tried many URLs non are working for downloading MAP LOADER!
I have downloaded OVI Store & PC Suite software, but cant find the MAP LOADER software...
My E63 didn't come with a connection to the computer so I am just using the SD card and plugging that into the computer instead. I'm wanting to use it to put music onto my phone. I move the music off the computer and into the music folder on the SD card but I can't get the music player to find the tracks once I put the SD card back into the phone. The files are there, I can find them through file manager, but I want to use them in the music player so I don't have to select each individual song when I want to listen to it.
I was wondering if there is a way to find out how much root space does each installed app take, like a X-terminal command or something? Just want to figure out if i have some "non-optified" programmes (I believe this is the right term, but could very well be wrong).
I use my 6720c for GPS navigation. But no matter if I use A-GPS or not, finding a signal within Nokia Maps or the GPS utilities takes *at least* 10 minutes. Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong? Is there maybe any GPS-fix (i.e. pre-calced sat coordinates) or do I miss a setting for better performance? My software version is 12.x.
I am having real problems finding a pair of headphones which will work loud enough with the N96.I am using some Sony ones which are very loud when I use them with my ipod but are so quiet in my N96 I can hardly hear the music.I have tried changing equalizer settings and have the volume up to 100% but still very quiet.Is this to do with the headphones?
I am rather new to the N97. I tried to download and install the maps of Europe on my N97. I did it this way:
- load Nokia Map Loader; select maps (Europe), download and install; - then the progress of downloading and installing can be seen on the screen; at some point it is ready; I go to maps on the N97, but can't see any of the additioned maps and if I give a search term of a city of the added maps, the programm can't find the city. What do I wrong? I have downloaded and installed before one of the guides [London] and it works. The N97 has the latest software (v.11xxxx).
I just received my phone from repairs and they had updated my software but I can not find the download link for msn messenger. Can anyone help where I can get this from. I do not want a third party download link, I would like the original please.
The E71 allows users to find matching contacts quickly by just typing straight into the home screen.. this facility has just stopped working for some reason...does anyone know how to het it to start again...?