Dec 18, 2009
I have been a user of e series phones like E90, E71. Been using E71 for a long time and very happy with it. I recently bought a new E72 based on reviews on the internet. I am generally happy with the E72 except for some small issues.
View 8 Replies
1. I feel E71 was faster despite the upgraded processor in E72.
2. Long press of one touch key 'contacts' does not bring up new contacts entry screen. Even reinstall of the firmware did not correct the issue.
3. In E71 creating new entry from the calendar main screen was instant, whereas in E72 it takes a longer time to get to the new entry screen.
4. Light leaks from gaps on the keyboard, especially from the bottom of Home key, where there is a single bright beam of light.
5. The fancy Navi key seems to have its own mind. It works inconsistently. sometimes it is very sensitive,even a slight inadvertent brush of the finger brings up the setup app.(am using the basic screen setup). sensitivity settings don't seem to really change anything.
6. The camera takes very long time to save the image taken even for a low resolution setting.
One would expect a company like Nokia to resolve any bugs before releasing the E72 in the market. Most of the issues mentioned above are ones which can be corrected with a firmware update. But why should the customer, that too a nokia loyalist like me should bear with these issues after paying Rs.22900. Nokia should ensure the products they launch are glitch free before they reach the market. Despite all these, I would still buy a Nokia, since the company listens to the customer ,and resolves any issues, from my past experience.